free hit
counters
esprit cover - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

esprit cover

hunters

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.thelotusforums.com/shop/35-car-covers

We sell tailor made car covers, they're excellent :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

All of our covers are made to measure, it will be a perfect fit.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

If you're planning to keep it outside a cover is a must imo.

I've used one for years with very good results and about to put the GT2 out to winter again this year.

As long as it's breathable it's fine, always gonna be nay sayers but the main priority for me is to cover those two exposed vents on the rear deck.

Other than that, being plastic, the Esprit doesn't suffer too badly. Make sure the car sits on a well drained surface too or moisture can come up from underneath and rust thge car away - my GT3 suffred from that with excessive corrosion but my GT2 has been parked on a solid driveway for years and have zero...and I do mean zero issues.

Longest it was left was 5 months, the cloth on the upholstery didn't even start to fur up.

Not sure on the ins and outs of running the car up periodicly but I tend to do that as well - if it's a nice dry day in winter.

Red paint does tend to rub BTW - I found my GT3 left red marks on the cover I have (soft fleece inside) so be aware of that.

Cling film works an absolute treat there - just drape it over the edges and job done.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Good man. Your order has been sent off to the factory and we'll let you know when it's being despatched. :blush:

Evora NA

I like playing "guess the car" when things are under cover, I think a highwing might lead to some confusing bulges though!

MArtin, just noticed you are in my home town, been trying to guess your location from the background in the photos, but gave up. Give me a location and we can meet up, or PM me in case you are worried about tea-leaves dropping by :blush:

Not many Esprits around here unfortunately.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

1 more in the area now! I am just south of you at Scotch Corner/Richmond, new to the forum and Esprit ownership so just finding my feet!

Would be great to meet up some time. I also use a cover.................Elan+2 in garage, need to sort out junk and make room..........one day!!!!

Dont worry,be happy.............

I like playing "guess the car" when things are under cover, I think a highwing might lead to some confusing bulges though!

MArtin, just noticed you are in my home town, been trying to guess your location from the background in the photos, but gave up. Give me a location and we can meet up, or PM me in case you are worried about tea-leaves dropping by shuriken.gif

Not many Esprits around here unfortunately.

is yours the black one ive seen knocking about ,the pics are from the bloke i got it off its far to sunny for it to be the north east

1 more in the area now! I am just south of you at Scotch Corner/Richmond, new to the forum and Esprit ownership so just finding my feet!

Would be great to meet up some time. I also use a cover.................Elan+2 in garage, need to sort out junk and make room..........one day!!!!

yep we will have to do something ive also found another member in the area or should i say he found me

Edited by hunters

Why don't we take this discussion over to the regional group forum (NEEG)? Perhaps someone can suggest a meetup with existing members, given the pants weather lately preferably over a bag of steaming hot fish and chips! I'm going to be a bit occupied for a while after a family breavement in the last few days but feel free to make arrangements.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• 1 month later...