free hit
counters
Esprit '98+ gear-change cables - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit '98+ gear-change cables

• Gold FFM

So as for example: A082F4184H ..does an matching part exist, especially as the rear end of the drivetrain is an Renault-box ? Is the cable pure Lotus creation thing , or some thing to match up between Renault-gearbox & GM (at least it looks like GM?) gearlever ?

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

'hundred of years' ! The split end shows that in fact only tree or so of the wires were left, the others rusted away years ago.. . So it was just an question of time :blush:

Need to contact one of the local boat-builders -think I can get a 'one off made specially for me' (as it was with the oilcooler-pipes from the truck-service..)

..keep in mind my comment on the handbrake-cable! :unworthy:

'hundred of years' ! The split end shows that in fact only tree or so of the wires were left, the others rusted away years ago.. . So it was just an question of time :blush:

Need to contact one of the local boat-builders -think I can get a 'one off made specially for me' (as it was with the oilcooler-pipes from the truck-service..)

..keep in mind my comment on the handbrake-cable! :unworthy:

I have a brand new still-in-its-polythene-bag master unit and cable assembly that I think is the assembly you need. I'll check the part number when I get home tonight. I mistakenly bought it for my 1999 V8SE but it's the wrong part; the master unit and cables were redesigned and fitted to later models. If you're interested, send me a personal e-mail.

Best wishes.

Apologies.

I've just checked online and the part you need is from the upgrade assembly. Regrettably, the master unit and cables I have are inapplicable.

• Gold FFM

if it is the wrong part for your '99 -it will be wrong for my '98 :blush: Lotus changed the specification just for the '98+ cars... .

Anyway, thanks for the try!

It's unique to Lotus Gunter, I'm pretty certain of that.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 1 year later...