free hit
counters
her in doors strikes again - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

her in doors strikes again

nigeninja

it went something like this

Me -I'm going to buy an esprit,

Wife-what do you want one of them for its ugly,we cant all go out together in it, if you going to by a sports car at least buy something nice like an Z4 or Audi TTsick.gif,or just somthing you can take the top off etc etc etc

Then she even goes on to say why dont I buy another bike,which completely contradicts half the argument above anywayrofl.gif ,why is she ok with me buying a bike but not an esprit, damm I dont get itermm.gif

Mind you if she thinks its ugly and going by the other things she has said about the esprit, she wont want to go in it, so I now think I can look forward to some peacefull summer day drivesthumbsup.gifcheers.gif.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Nigel,

Its a hard one as if your partner is not so keen on the esprit as its a two seater its a bit of a bummer! My wife never liked any of my esprits, think she has come round by now though as she has been out a few times in the v8 after the conversion if not only to see if would break down :) I have always had the car that i wanted an esprit and pumped a lot of money into them and time which is a bit selfish really as my other half does not have the intrest or get the benefit from the car, I got round it by buying her dream car, thankfully not a ferrari or lambo just one of the new shaped toyota celicas! Job done shes happy and enjoys her pride and joy and know i think she understands the pride and passion of owning a car you have a passion for!

Good luck on the bartering regards danny

A

I found it was easier to get rid of "her indoors" and now do whatever I want.

• Like 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

The first post reminded me of a For Sale ad I saw in a mag I think. Went like this.

GSX-R 1100 sportbike for sale.

For sale under orders from the wife.

Only had the bike for a week.

Apparently, do whatever the f#$k you want does not mean that. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

I'm one of those 'in doors' and there is an Esprit on my drive, I am a rare breed cos it's mine, all mine!!!!

Glad to hear you are going to get the car Nige life is too short not to.

Hope you have as much fun as I have had with mine. (even tho the wipers are not working, there is a knocking coming from somewhere, dash lights..............and on and on)

Sue

The first post reminded me of a For Sale ad I saw in a mag I think. Went like this.

pic_526239001188692701.jpg

Yes, I have one of those,who just don't understand as well. 2 Esprits and 10 years of ownership - been in them about 4 times only!!!

Heaven! :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Just buy it and to hell with the consequences.

When I met my wife she loved my car. As soon as she got the wedding ring on her finger that was it, never stepped in the car again.

Here are some pics of when she pretended she liked the car: Clicky

Now i have no interest in why people marry, why they do, or how they see that makes them any better off in any way than before...

But if you have to run by how much and on what you spend your own hard earned spending money with the person you live with?

You might as well be a puppet.

:lol:

Buy the car, or have your choices made for you forever and ever!!!!!!!!!!

It's the moment that makes the man IMO.

Buy TWO esprits just to make a point!!!!

:)

Just buy it and to hell with the consequences.

When I met my wife she loved my car. As soon as she got the wedding ring on her finger that was it, never stepped in the car again.

Here are some pics of when she pretended she liked the car: Clicky

laugh.gif by pic 3 I can almost see the think bubble saying,somthing like for for crist sake take me home for a slice of cheese cake.

By the way when I get mine can I celebrate with a slice of your wifes cheese cakeice.gif .

I had a a S4s and V8 for about a year when one day a friend talked me into selling the S4s to him and off it went the same day. Wife gets home that night and looks in the garage and says "Where's my S4s" note the "my" in her sentence! Err, I didn't know you had a S4s I replied (which all you married guys already know was the wrong answer!) and I didn't hear the end about it for days! Guess I'm one of the lucky ones (although she now wants a V8 Vantage, which is at least keeping with the Bond theme)

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Just proves the point that the majority of women know sweet fa about cars. My decision alone.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

When I first showed Teresa the Esprit before purchase she didn't seem too interested or impressed.

But that's changed after been a regular passenger and meeting other members at events.

She now knows most of the Esprit varients and recognises other peoples cars etc.

Think a lot of this is due to the great social events and been taken to nice hotels...! sofa.gif

Anita was asked today at the NEC (classic car show) - "so who owns this car?"

Her reply.....

"Well I suppose I own half of it and the passenger seat"

I have to say that she did in fact contribute more than half the necessary funds for me to buy it!!

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

More variants on the same theme. I bought Porsche Boxster S 6 years ago and SWMBO fully involved with this process until on day 2 when she took child to school clutch had an airlock (never again repeated and sorted itself)Never drove it again. "I hate that car and that colour" (Guards red). :)

So having looked at many replacements she did approve off like SLK AMG and TT-S I see Evora. SWMBO didn't at first like it as difficult to get in and out off but could see I was hooked so begrudgingly ceded budget approval on basis she chose the colour. (we agreed only on the Oyster) Don't you realise that this aparently is the most important part of the purchase decision. (& a vanity mirror apparently which car does not have :whistle: )Now when I want to use it to go to marshal/racing at a weekends there is a 'discussion' about who's getting the car as she wants to take it to friends for coffee or whatever they do which does not involve a car apart from arriving in it.

So mixed advice. Get her involved in the process so they feel part of it which equals less stress and arguments. :thumbup: However downside is then risk having to fight for the keys to 'your' own car. :) Which isn't really as senior management now have vested interests in it now and it is 'our' car. :D

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

My Ex missus Loved the car... well she got a bit sick of me banging on about it. I could always coax her into it on a sunday for a blat out to a nice country pub in the sun.

It all gets a bit difficult with the maintenance:

"why havent you taken me on holiday yet?"

"because i need a new manifold and a clutch"

"Is that expensive?"

"Yes very, but then we can drive the car down to Italy in the summer"

"itl never make it......... That bloody car"

seem to remember many conversations along those lines

For those who don't know the story of my Essex Purchase....

Me - I've seen an Essex for sale - lovely but loads of money

Em - You should buy it, you work hard go get it

Me - Really? You sure because I already have an Esprit?

Em - Yes

3 days after I buy the car

Em - I'm thinking of buying a new handbag

Me - Tell you what I'll buy it (I'm feeling good about the Essex as you would)

Em - Are you sure?

Me - Yes (thinks to myself..how much can a handbag cost

Now i have no interest in why people marry, why they do, or how they see that makes them any better off in any way than before...

But if you have to run by how much and on what you spend your own hard earned spending money with the person you live with?

You might as well be a puppet.

:(

Buy the car, or have your choices made for you forever and ever!!!!!!!!!!

It's the moment that makes the man IMO.

Buy TWO esprits just to make a point!!!!

:lol:

Wahoo - I'm with Paul on this one, buy 2 Esprits :cool:

My G/F LOOVEES the Esprit, which is really nice, she want's (thinks) to drive the GT2 around and will not be detered. She always goes on about how she'd love to know about changing the brakes, servicing and so on (thought to myself...ey-oop found a goodun here) but when it comes down to it, it really is just hot air.

I think in some blokes there is always a secret desire to have a "her indoors" because it makes you feel like a rebel or a little bit wreakless which most of us secretly crave.

Nigel, try explaining the car to her a bit - OK we all know G cars ARE infact ugly LOL so she's right there (Oh cant you lot take a joke !! ffs) but they are really just as practical as any 2 seater car I know, if not more so. If you need to scratch that itch, go for it, you can always re-sell the car a few months on.

Oh and it is a great 'hotel' car :w00t:

Edited by Jonathan

facebook = [email protected]

Em - The handbag has arrived at the Hermes (handbag) shop can you write that cheque out?

Me - no problem, how much?

Em - Er,

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.