free hit
counters
will a saab turbo engine fit - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

will a saab turbo engine fit

crashrepairman

i believe the basic 4 cyl engine block came from vauxhall, as saab is owned by vauxhall does anyone know if it would fit straight onto my original box?

I have a good mechanical background but have never changed engine types, how do you go about mating engine/ gearboxes together that were never meant to be?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mick you believe wrong...it might look like a Vauxhall in so much as its similar but thats as far as it goes. The Lotus is a Lotus design and made all ally engine. The Vauxhall is iron.

Buddsy :)

Edited by Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Good reading.

I have done a lot of R&D on this engine and its a good engine with some issues that needs to be done.

The main problem is the problem related to the headgasked. Otherwise this engine seams to have very strong internals.

Mahle high quality pistons,heavy rods(dont brake but dont like high rpms..),Good build and heavy cast crank (no need for steelcrank within resonable hp),with miner mods (new turbo+ fuel) it can take 400hp with litle money invested.

89 Lotus Esprit Turbo S

Very fast road and trackday car.

GT3076R+ a lot of other modifications.

http://lotusespritwo...inZzdningz.html

i believe the basic 4 cyl engine block came from vauxhall, as saab is owned by vauxhall does anyone know if it would fit straight onto my original box?

I have a good mechanical background but have never changed engine types, how do you go about mating engine/ gearboxes together that were never meant to be?

It will require a lot of work.You need to make a adapterplate to fit the engine to the gearbox and engine mounts? Is there a reason for that you want this engine?

89 Lotus Esprit Turbo S

Very fast road and trackday car.

GT3076R+ a lot of other modifications.

http://lotusespritwo...inZzdningz.html

This engine was on my list also for a conversion, dont know why i went away from it. Engines seem good go for a latter 2.3 high pressure boost engine. Standard around 250 brake. You can pick a saab 9000 up on ebay for 500! Then you have all the parts you need. Being they are an old techology vehicle you could prob run with the standard engine management.