free hit
counters
Interfering Roll Bar - Body/Aero/Other (including track set up info) - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone fancy a centre seat 211? With a decent tonneau too that would look very cool (and you could use the space either side for luggage ;-))

Yes - ditto.

I have a slightly smaller momo removable wheel and even then it can catch on the roll bar.

I sit slightly further back than I would find ideal to straighten my arms a fraction.

I'm probably going to go to a 270mm wheel to help a bit more as I can't see anything else to help with this.

Its a relief to see I'm not the only guy with this issue. I forgot to mention that I have also fitted the smaller wheel, but this doesnt really make a difference.

The only permenent solution to the problem is using a hack saw..I just wonder if anybody would notice.whistle.gif

Edited by kiwi 2-11

I think you might! Hacksawing your arm off is a little extreme! :) :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 3 months later...

Oh no doubt it's possible - the elise race series used centre seat exige-type cars.

The dash is far simpler (as there isn't one really) and the seat is just four bolts.

Relocating the gearshift would be a pain but not impossible - probably need to fabricate some new slightly different lengthed cables but that's about it.

The main wiring harness already goes in the side sill not the center console so nothing to do there.

The brake cable is just a length of steel wire - dead easy.

So the biggest hassles would be the steering rack and pedal relocation.

Easy... No but certainly not the hardest thing to do.

dont know enough to comment on steering rack, but for throttle its fbw so position should not be a prob, for brake pedal longer lines should permit flexible repositioning, clutch ? but if that could sorted, then couldnt you have a pedal box on a rail that could be repositioned at will ?