free hit
counters
Lotus Esprit S1 - Restoration Project (4,500GBP) - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Esprit S1 - Restoration Project (4,500GBP)

A serious restoration project for the dedicated enthusiast! This car was originally orange, with a green & red tartan interior and orange carpets. I have been repeatedly told that this was a press car but personally can not find any proof that it was. I therefore do not really want to break this car and sell for parts, but will hve to if it does not sell.Majority of components are believed to be present, however, known to be missing are: front bumper; spare wheel; glove box lid; steering wheel; inside visor front trim & visors; steering column surrounds and lower trim; timber panels (some); front windscreen; n/s aluminium door glass frame, both main door glasses (front & rear qtr light glass present both sides). I have three crates of other parts not shown. The buyer would need to satisfy him/herself what is present and what is not before concluding the sale. All doors, bonnet & boot are not fixed to body.Original Wolfrace wheels are all present - one rear is damaged with nick on rim, note: correct rear wheels are not shown in photographs but are now shod with rubber to allow for rolling , fronts shown in photos fitted to rear axle are NOT included in sale. Engine and gearbox present but condition is unknown, timing belt is frayed, not sure if it has broken or melted. The body appears to have been cut at the n/s rear quarter light and repaired - possibly suggests a new rear repair section has been fitted at some point in the cars life. Plenty more photos are available if required. I will try to answer any questions to the best of my knowledge.

View the full article

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trevor,

The car is mine, I have owned it four just over four years. If you are doing a full restoration you would need to dissasemble it anyway - so buying it like this saves many hours of your time.

Chris :-)

Hi Chris,

Dont agree it should be missing a zero, but although the car is stripped it does not help the restoration, If people are buying a project 9they normally want to strip it themselves to see how everything goes together and where it comes from, also there are loads of bits missing, S1 do still fetch good money there was one on ebay the other day that went for about five grand and was in good order and running, i was suprised it went that cheap. I hope you get the money you want for it but cannot see many people knocking the door down for it at

A

I think there's lots of talk of cars being valued at that price but personally I'm unaware of an S1 being sold for that sort of money (apart from of course anything that Mr Bond has driven in!).

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Isn't there a 0 too many on this price?

+1.

It's one thing bigging up prices for current owners, quite another to encourage future owners into uneconomic restorations that invariably end up incomplete, and ultimately damage the marque's reputation.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Guest surferphil

I think Matt-Watts is the best example I have seen of a completed restoration project and I am sure he'd snap anyones hand off for £40K! I think a little over half that is more realistic and maybe that's on the optimistic side.

Mark

I think what Mark said is spot on!

Edited by surferphil

Wayne you are correct "there is a buyer for every car "

My sixpence - i really gotta want that car at tha price ! I just feel so sorry for the vehicle .When i see the engine looking like that and inside the car looking like a h's draws on a Saturday night, i wish the gent had sold it a long time ago.

richard

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

For your information I bought it like this. I definetly don't do restorations this way! Having waited a long time to find a suitable S1 this came along, but a few weeks later a better one appeared, then another...

I am currently have my other S1 professionally restored and will also send my Turbo to be done as well. Just waiting for my Daytona to come back from the restorers first.

I agree a car is worth what someone will pay for it. If there had been a decent (read 100pt concours) S1 for sale for

Guest surferphil

For your information I bought it like this. I definetly don't do restorations this way! Having waited a long time to find a suitable S1 this came along, but a few weeks later a better one appeared, then another...

I am currently have my other S1 professionally restored and will also send my Turbo to be done as well. Just waiting for my Daytona to come back from the restorers first.

I agree a car is worth what someone will pay for it. If there had been a decent (read 100pt concours) S1 for sale for

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...