free hit
counters
shopping via net ? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

shopping via net ?

esp88

As we do these day shopping via internet but I got lille strange web shop !

I got order confirmed by email and payment was sent by the PAYPAL everything looks like OK.

Then I got mail and they want approve my id (is that commen these days ?) :

"Thank you very much for placing your order with us.

However, our policy does not allow us to send orders to an address that is

not verified and confirmed by PayPal.

If you would like us to send your order to your specified delivery address,

we would be grateful if you could provide us with a proof of identity, such

as driving licence or your passport. "

But I won't send these, so I sent mail back and say, asked PAYPAL or check the order list !

then I got mail :

"If you would like us to send your order to your specified delivery address,

we would be grateful if you could provide us with a proof of identity, such

as driving licence or your passport. "

I never had such web shop!

So, I sent email back and ask them to payback via PAYPAL and cancel my order !! :)

Yasuo

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Yasou - I think that many people claim that packages never arrive and from what I understand paypal are very happy to offer a refund or chargeback unless the sender can prove that they sent the package and have a signature for its delivery. You have to remember that this shop may have been scammed like this in the past so they are just trying to protect themselves.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Correct - the seller is only covered if he has sent the goods to a verified address, you can verify your address with paypal quite easily by following their links.

Official Paypal e-mails (most companies in fact) will greet with your first name, spoofs often say " dear paypal member" etc.

Hello Bibs

what a quick reply

And I want to share my expriance. it's first time I got such web-shop.

I hope they will send payment back but my point is why they request such personal information.

They won't send the item without so call approve my personal id !

Shall I contact/inform the PAYPAL or just wait few days and see they will refund my payment ?

Yasuo

Is quite normal. This is especially true of high value items, Some people (including me) will only send to a Paypal confirmed address.

A lot of people don't worry about this when posting, or are simply naive they lose their cover by posting to an unconfirmed address which is why you might not have been asked before. I would not post an item over £100 to an unconfirmed address.

It's worth getting your address confirmed. If i transfer any high amount from my Paypal to my bank, i get a call from Paypal Canada on my landline to check it's actually me accessing the funds. Until you get your address confirmed you are not getting the most out of Paypal.

The confirmation process is very easy:

They charge your bank account two sums (eg 0.01p and 0.35p).

When these show on your statement you confirm the sums (this proves your account).

You then click the next process on you PC.

They then call you on your landline (to prove your address) and give you a code that you have to enter into your PC within 2 minutes.

And thats about it.

:)

Ok then but how the PAYPAL can comfirmed my adress to seller ?

I thought when they recived the my payment via PAYPAL it will automatically advice ?

anything I missed her ?

(in case deliverly adress is Not same as my PAYPAL account then I can understand but it's same)

Anyway, you never ask buyer's personal information like your driver licence/passport !

Having suffered the pain, embarrassment and financial loss of an ebay scam, I'd say be very wary of any process or practice that you haven't come across before. You'll get no help from e-bay after the event and you are not very well protected by paypal despite what they say. Its certainly worth having a confirmed address on paypal - but it sounds like you already have from your last post. I would urge you to send the request for further info to the Ebay security people and they will quickly tell you if its genuine or a scam

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/safetycentre/contact.html

Good luck!

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Yasuo

I understand your concern about the question raised by the seller, but when he sees your payment in his Paypal account, it states verified og not verified. If as I presume your card/account is not verified the seller ask for some proof that you the one you claim to be, if shipment goes wrong.

In Denmark we verify the card used in Paypal acording to your adress given to the card issuer/bank.

If I were you I would start the verification process with Paypal and get it done. Remember if you use a Mastercard or other not directly connected to your bank account, the transaction will first be shown on the next monthly transaction list. So it could take up to a month to do it. Worth waiting avoid some suspection from sellers.

If you need more info call me.

Safe shopping.

/Kim

/Kim 

Hi Yasuo

Regardless if its genuine or not, if YOU are not happy then I'd politely ask for your money back and say you don't want it any more. Did they specify Paypal verified only in their Terms And Conditions? If not then my view would be they are moving the goalposts after conclusion. Who knows what else they might ask for.

I totally understand from the previous posts as to why they might be very well justified in asking, but at the end of the day the question is are you happy? If not then it doesn't matter how honest they are, it's not worth your personal worry.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Thanks you all !

It's nice to share expriance.

I got refund PAYPAL mail, so fortunatlly my problem solved.

I think we should very carefull, where or what site shopping these days.

"But how does sending a copy of his passport confirm/verify his address?"

this is the my point as I mension before !

So, do not send such information to China/Hon Hong!

Have a nice day :)

Edited by esp88

The Paypal checkout will show the address as either being confirmed or unconfirmed.

While i would only send, say, a £1000 watch to a confirmed address, i cannot set my account (annoyingly!) to refuse payments from non confirmed address buyers.

:(

So i have a name and and address, but no protection. What to do???

I would enter into polite conversation with the buyer, if the guy was a total jerk or if i had any doubt then i'd relist the item and refund him about one week later (his funds have to pass to my bank and clear before i refund, you would NEVER refund an instant payment through your own good account on one made from an unknown, thats the oldest scam in the book).

For my part, asking for a scan of a licence or passport that shows the guys name and address is a VERY fair thing to ask if i'm sending £1000 his way on faith.

It links the name on the account that paid the money, to the address i'm being asked to send it to. Something the unconfirmed Paypal account cannot do.

I've asked for a scan of a utility bill before, which i was given, and then i posted. But i could have just as easy been in this scenario with the unconfirmed buyer thinking i was trying to scam them in some way.

It all comes down to how much blind trust you are willing to have, and how much money you consider safe to gamble with.

:)

UK passport doesn't give the holder's address!! Only address in it is the one the holder writes in themselves, in longhand, giving someone to contact in case of emergency. I certainly would not send any personal details to China, Hong Kong, Nigeria or sundry such scammer's spots.....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

The important thing is don't send your personal id or personal no. !

(As you know e.g. my passport never showed my adress or driver license can be old adress etc...

so it's not make any sence !)

In my case, it's Not Ebay! The website which you create a account with you name/adress and buy items then one clik to PAYPAL! and I got the PAYPAL mail that comfirmed the payment.

Then I got mail from seller.

Yasuo

In that case, tell them to go away (F*** Off would do it), Paypal will only refund money to you if they fail to send the item to the address PayPal have verified, so i cannot see any issue for them if your address is verified with Paypal already.