free hit
counters
Ferrari Mondial 3.2 QV Coupe - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Roger 912

Ferrari Mondial 3.2 QV Coupe

I am looking at getting a Ferrari Mondial to add to my collection.

Would like some comments from the forum on whether you think I have lost my marbles or not.

No swearing please.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

As an avid hater of Ferrari, red cars, Mafia etc, even I can acknowledge that some of their cars may have some virtue, however the Mondial is not amongst them.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Dont do it! In my eyes and its my own personal views its the ugliest looking ferrari made, thats why they are cheap, well cheap for a ferrari anyway :animier: If i were in the market for a dancing donkey i would spend the extra few quid as you pick up testarossas at the moment for 25 to 30 grand if you shop about for deal, They look fantastic and if your going to spend the money on one it may as well be the iconic one! think the parts prices though would put me of all dancing donkeys as they are going to be big bucks even for lesser models! If it all goes bang in the engine bay even if your doing the work yourself its gonna cost bucks to repair!

Good luck though on whatever ferrari you go for what a great badge to own in your garge :thumbsup:

A

Funnily enough I have been thinking about doing a possible trade in on the GT3 and getting a Ferrari myself.

I have always been a Lotus man and I would never sell the S1 because I love everything about the car BUT I do think that the best looking car ever made is the 308GTB. :animier:

If like me, you have always had a hankering after a Ferrari then I would say do your homework, look around and go for it.

You didn

You didn't say what made you choose that particular model Roger. If it's purchase price or availability then all the above comments are true; there are better Ferraris for not much more money, with the same running costs, and easier to sell afterwards. However if you just like them for your own reasons go for it and flip to what everyone else thinks.

Have to admit I was in the "hater" camp until I saw a black one at Donington's "See Red" a few years back, and he had fitted Testarossa 17" wheels to it. The black made all the 80s matt bits disappear, the tan interior looked inviting, and the wheels, whilst big and exotic in the 80s, looked perfectly proportioned.

Personally if an affordable Ferrari was on the cards it would still have to be a 308 GTB in ANY colour but red.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I thought, considering this is a Lotus forum, that a title like that would proceed to bandy such words as "Dispicable, disgusting, Vomit inducing, Horrible" and more than anything "Kill anyone who drives one with a blunt spoon"....actually all spoons are blunt otherwise Icecream would be easier to get out of the tub.....anywho

Imagine my suprise when I saw you were thinking of getting said monstrosity.

To avoid my displeasure please retract your statement immediately.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

What do you think of Lambo's then Kimbers?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

If i were in the market for a dancing donkey i would spend the extra few quid as you pick up testarossas at the moment for 25 to 30 grand if you shop about for deal, They look fantastic and if your going to spend the money on one it may as well be the iconic one!

Yes, I'd think twice before getting a Testarossa, over here service bills can quickly go from 6k euros to 20k euros considering major service is 60hrs of work...sad.gif

Hey whats wrong with this wreck? We`re getting gas back here.

As the Comments above it wouldn't be my choice of the donkey cars but if its waht you want go for it!!

Testerossa is going t appreciate as more of the I had a picture of that on the wall, it was in miami vice brigade get older so its up to you but I would stretch to that if you can!!

My understanding is that the best version of this model was the Mondial t which was the last version before production stopped. This had a 3.4 ltr V8 with a 't' configuration engine / gear box. It had a detachable rear sub frame which held the engine so this can be dropped to allow access for major work. The chassis configuration was used up to the 360.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_Mondial#Mondial_t

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

I'm going to have to agree with Kimbers. I was at Brands Hatch in 1976, (the GP, look it up in the history books), swore never to buy a Ferrari from that date. May the flees of a thousand Camels infest the A holes of all Ferrari fans and owners alike.

This is a Lotus forum gentlemen, please don't stress me, it's not good for my health.

Roger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

This is a Lotus forum but this section is for general Lotus/Motoring/Cars chat so topics regarding Ferrari/Lamborghini/Porsche or anything to do with cars are welcome or this would just be called 'Lotus chat'.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Clever.

How to make a 2+2 mid engine car?

Solution: Just make one with sills as long as a f***ing double decker bus. I mean why mess about? Just make it's side profile look like some poxy and badly thought out aftermarket limo conversion.

Some cars are cheap due to being unreliable, some due to service costs, some due to parts availability, and some just because they are undesirable and inherently shit.

Have seen 308 GT4's cheaper and they don't look quite so bad. By that I mean you can look at them without either wincing or producing chunks of carrot in the back of your throat.

If the whole excersise is owning something with a Ferrari badge then I'd just add some Ferrari socks or pants to the christmas list.

:animier:

Yep, a 308 GT4 would be preferable and made a much better stylistic job of making the "impossible" mid engined 2+2, although I heard they drive like tractors. Actually even the 308 GTB/S is a heavy old tank, I watch my chum wrestle his around country roads and don't envy him. However like many Ferraris it sounds nice and looks nice and most of the general public seem to agree; it got all the glances in our convoy of vehicles going to Le Mans a while back. A Lotus of any equivalent vintage will always give a nicer drive though IMHO.

Edited by LooseCannon

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I'd rather have a ride on lawn mower (only I don't have grass to need one)

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

No?

img114-0large.jpg

Evora NA

That'll do the trick, and probably has better 0-60 than the Mondial!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Bibs. lambos? I spit on their graves...Ptew!

Oh....except those on that pic thats you're avatar obviously.... :animier:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

To be fair to the Mondial, you can get custom shops to chop them and make them shorter so they look more like a car than a boat, this one

has had 12" taken out of it's sills but IMO it still looks like something that should have a top deck, or perhaps patio doors.

limo-fez.jpg

If you know what your looking for and buy carefully and can afford to run it, go for it.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Would like some comments from the forum on whether you think I have lost my marbles or not.

:animier: You asked 'what you think' so off i go again...

Have managed to find a rare shot the rare factory short wheel base car (oddly the same background as before). Note how Ferrari have

distracted the eye away from the titanic and out of proportion length by adding an extra set of seats and, again, even longer air intakes.

limo-fez-six.jpg

:thumbsup:

interestingly it seems that even the sun was going down a bit ? ..as the shadows have gone a way for this :animier:

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

For a Lotus man, I seem to be unusual in liking quite a few (indeed most) of the horse and bull cars. Unfortunately there are exceptions and for me the 308 GT4 was the worst looking Ferrari ever...closely followed by the Mondial. Actually I think I like all of the rest! So IMO if the Mondial is your idea of a good looking Rarri.....yes you've lost your marbles. Sorry!

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny