free hit
counters
Elises in Scotland - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Elises in Scotland

Hi there,

a friend of mine recommended this forum to me after I had stated that in 2010 I definitely wanted to return to Scotland- with the Ellie and our Dodge!

However, are Scottish winters preventing any interactions on the forum? The last entry appears to be 5th November?

Would love to hear from any of you!

Best regards

Kirstin

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kirstin,

I see this is your first post so welcome to the forum.

You are right there hasn't been many posts in the scottish section in recent times.

The Scottish section was set up under the old LotusEspritForum and I did try and get a number of meets and drives organised but due to a number of reasons there was only one meeting in Perth and it consisted of just 2 people.

The weather obviously puts a few people of taking their cars out on the salty roads up here in the winter.

Hopefully in the Spring we can get a few people together and now that the forum encompasses all Lotus models, there may be more interest.

Where are you based and is returning to Scotland a permanent move or are you looking to come up on holiday and drive some of our magnificent roads?

How about posting some photographs of your Lotus and let us know what you have.

Brian

Hi Brian,

thank you for your quick response! I love your photos, so not only four wheels but also two wings!

As to salt on the roads, if I remember correctly we are all zooming around in aluminium chassis (ok, Esprit as an exception) and loosing paint around the front since we are hanging out so low there :-) So, no excuses!

I lived in Perth, well Scone, which is 3 miles out of Perth back in 1994 and there are some nice roads to go on.

I have a 1997 MK1 Elise since some years now, right hand drive and have to admit she has not been on the island to be driven in her natural environment. I normally fly over or take our old Dodge mobile home, which is a bit more convenient.

I am currently finishing of an assigment in the Netherlands, living in Belgium and as of Jan 2010 the intention is to come back for good, which might be the worst possible choice at this moment in the view of economics. I have spent seven years in Scotland and almost another ten back on the continent.

Here some photos:

http://picasaweb.goo...k/EibachOpenDay#

http://picasaweb.goo...ck/LotusOpenDay#

http://picasaweb.goo...berfrankenEvent#

http://picasaweb.goo...aktLCDApril2007#

http://picasaweb.goo...ck/HeimAufRDern#

I have to say they are all somewhat older...

Take care!

Kirstin

Hi Kirstin

Let us know when you are back in Scotland and we can meet up with a few other owners in the Springtime.

Regards,

Brian

Edited by bingoking

I am happy to meet up (as you will have guessed Brian!) with other Loti although not an Elise I am afraid. The only thing is I need plenty advanced warning with my work rota and having my following leave fully planned out before even going away this time.

I'll drop you an e-mail soon Brian with my planned rota and that may allow you to accommodate me in the planning.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

OK Al.

I was thinking that sometime in late Spring after the clocks change we could try and get a number of Loti together and meet up for a drive and a bite to eat somewhere.

Last year around the time of the original date for the Evora Press launch at Cameron House I did put together a route and suggested eating place but it never happened due to lack of interest and the Evora launch being put back by a few weeks..

Previous Post

I am not around for the Club Lotus meeting in January but should be OK for February, so I could try and drum up some enthusiasm then.

Hi there,

I did not mean to sound exclusive-. all Loti.

How exactly do you define 'late' spring in Scotland? If I re-call correctly I can remember it snowing on the 6th July back in the nineties.

Anyhow, I am sure I will be over by 'late' spring and would love to come along as well!

Take care

Kirstin

All Loti would be welcome!

Late Spring after the clocks change at the end of March so the daylight lasts a bit longer.

I don't have a problem taking either of my cars out in the snow.

Nope me neither, in fact right now it is filthy from the crap on the roads this last 3 weeks and I was out last night for a wee experiment to see how she handled in the snow and on the hairpins up to my house. Much more fun with the TC switched off :thumbup: but then big kerbs and expensive alloys interface came to mind and I went back to boring safe mode. (Especially with spoiler still fresh in mind)

I'll e-mail my full rota soon Brian, but I am home in April until the 20th and the clocks change 27th March. Doune Hillclimb is 17th/18th April so I will not be free then. How about now saying either 10th or 11th for the run? Earlier set better chance of some numbers. :)

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• 4 months later...