free hit
counters
2010 TLF/CAT Driver Training Days! Saturday 27th March 2010/PDTD - Sunday 9th May/Drifting Masterclass - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

2010 TLF/CAT Driver Training Days! Saturday 27th March 2010/PDTD - Sunday 9th May/Drifting Masterclass

Bibs

Aah ... you'll have to let yourself in as we'll be at Millbrook thumbsup.gif

There is a Total on the A421 where the Travelodge is, a Tescos in the middle of Flitwick and a Shell to the north of Flitwick, about 4 minutes from Millbrook.

There is also fuel within Millbrook but it is more expensive - usually standard pump price plus VAT.

See you tomorrow cool.gif

Jo cat.gif

Ask the Expert - Colin Hoad - Evo Magazine

Watch our new promo film here: Corporate Overview

Read the latest article published by Evo Magazine here: CAT Driver Training review | Features | evo

http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk

"It's run by a top team of people and we thoroughly recommend them - Fifth Gear."

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knock and Scooby & Evo will let you in cat.gif

Weather's looking good animier.gif

Safe journey and look forward to seeing you at the gate at 08:15 thumbsup.gif

Jo cat.gif

Read the latest article published by Evo Magazine here: CAT Driver Training review | Features | evo

"It's run by a top team of people and we thoroughly recommend them - Fifth Gear."

Looks like I'm back 1st.

Had a great day and thankfully the Esprit performed flawlessly all day long (apart from peeing itself with petrol on the skid pan - the rest of you just wern't trying hard enough LOL).

Learnt a lot about my driving and my car, how bad I am and how good the car is :P

I would highly recomend this to anyone serious about wanting to drive a sports car or just to have some fun doing stuff you normally wouldn't do in a safe controlled manner, under expert tuition.

Partucularly happy with my brakes now I chopped the ABS, balance is screwed but the car stops very rapidly - bonus was the disks turned blue down to the heat which looked super cool.

Also impressed at how fast an Esprit is on the skid pan, really had to push to get the back to go out and it gave a lot more warning that I thought.

Learned loads, loads to take away and think about and put into my driving as well - road and track when I get to it.

Really impressive day out (didn't wanna leave :) )

facebook = [email protected]

LOL back 1st, :) Well I felt that I got even more than what I was expecting to learn. I have proved to myself that I can drive fast & safe and smooth flow to it. I fill so great in myself knowing that what I now know, plus I'm going back to learn even more.

We had fun and all the guys and girls that work there are amazing to help you and teach you what you want from out of the day. My driving on the way home I felt how my driving had improved and how much more confidence I had.

I used to :sofa: as I was affraid of th_thfunny34d.gif now after my new skill I have learnt I fill :) and want to tell everyone about this day :P and fill that CAT driving needs a lot of :respect: .

Hay Jo did you know that there was a black cat on the track just above the mile run where we parked our car's, I saw it just before we left.

Jonathan, I stopped off and filled up on the petrol stuff and some more food. Was expecting to see you behind me from that T junction but you must of gone the other way? Derick nice to of met you and see you both again sometime soon.

Edited by Petrol feet driven
sig.jpg

I must echo the sentiments of Jonathon and Dave.... a superb day in ideal surroundings learning lots of things (which you will have to attend for yourself to find out) culminating in an exercise which brought it all together in a fun, albeit adrenaline and heart-rate raising, way.

The organisation, hospitality, briefings, instruction, support and driving exercises were all of a uniform and extremely high standard.

This day is not at all about yahoo boy racers out to have a bash round a track in relative safety... it is very likely that you can come unstuck if you don't listen to what is being told to you and put it into practice. I think that the driving instructors show an enormous amount of faith in people turning up with the right attitude for the experience as their safety, for most of the day, is dependant on your actions.

Every exercise is tailored to teaching you something more about vehicle dynamics and how your actions either improve or degrade the handling of your vehicle... and the exercises build to a better understanding of the driver vehicle relationship.

I thoroughly enjoyed driving CAT's Elise as I couldn't get my Mantis fixed in time so I will be returning, hopefully in the not too distant future, to have another experience, but a Marcos based one which will no doubt be a bit different due to my 'lump' being at the front rather than the middle of the car.

In conclusion, I think that this experience would benefit almost everyone... so it's time to either start saving or get off the pot and just do it, you won't regret it!

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

To add, best money I have spent on my Esprit + well done Chris for showing us how to gymkahna.

Dave I was behind you but there was a beemer up my arse (I know, i was shocked too) on the hill start and I was paranoid about rolling back - my clutch is good but has almost no biting point on/off and I was worried about rolling back and nudging him - which is why I always leave a longer gap on hill starts between cars, esp in the Esprit.

Anyways that put me back in the traffic so I had to wait for the next gap, dunno about you, I slept all the way home :P

I honestly cant remember 1 minute of it, audio book and auto pilot - knackered, bed, GP tomorrow.

facebook = [email protected]

Glad you made it safely back home ... and Dave I can't believe you stopped off for more food laugh.gif

Did the black cat make you go 'ahh' or 'AAAAHHHHH' - i.e. was it the Millbrook Black Panther that is rumoured to be prowling the hills scared011.gif

Great to meet you all and spend what was a very enjoyable day for us as well as you. You kept Colin and Paul safe which is good thumbsup.gif

Official Results:

Quiz = Jonathan

Driver of the Day = Chris from CCI

End of Day Gymkhana = Wookie with a Mile Straight Apron winning time of 30.38 seconds fun.gif

Look forward to seeing you again and thank you for making yesterday a great day animier.gif

Jo cat.gif

A great day and it was good to put faces to names and meet everyone.

Colin is an excellent, patient instructor who puts you at your ease and covers things in a plain speaking manner that helps you concentrate on the implementation rather than the lingo ;) The venue and hospitality were first rate and the day passed all too quickly. I’ve come away having learned more about my driving style/skill and the characteristics of the car which is exactly what I was hoping for.

As for any criticisms, only one, I came away wanting to do more! :D Especially the alpine circuit and the over/under steering pad.

Edited by sailorbob

Haa Haa the cat was about half way around the blocked off conor, looked like a normal cat to me. Derek and Jon also saw it, but I guess they will say it was a cat and not the Black Panther.

Yer a real big shout out to Colin and Paul amazing guys that kept there cool with us all and made us all fill carm and welcomed.

Colin did say about more training to keep on top of things. So what sort of cost are they refresher ones? Also about the Nurburgring in September I may not be able to get to it this time but others that have done the training here may wish to go. Also what more could you ask for the Nurburgring & Colin and Paul to follow around if you can keep up with them. lol

I'm still buzzing when in my car driving and telling anyone in the car. ITS AMAZING YOU SHOULD GO.. My wife say's she will never hear the end of it, so I told her better sign up then.

Thanks Cat Driving Training.

sig.jpg

I'll keep you posted on our 'Ring plans for the Autumn when they're decided ... probably a few months away yet.

Now that you have trained with us you have the option to come for a Driving Clinic, which can be one or two hours during the longer daylight hours. The only requirement is that CAT has been at Millbrook on that day, but given we're there practically every day that shouldn't be an issue. These sessions are £155 per hour in your car.

The alternative is to come for a longer session either a half or full day but obviously the price goes up accordingly. Half day is 4 hours in duration with 3 hours actual driving time, the full day is just short of 8 hours with 5.5 hours driving time. It is just you and the instructor so no bells and whistles (ok Gymkhana, Engineer, on circuit toilets, buffet lunch, prizes oh and stimulating company rolleyes.gif ). The price is £540 or £899 respectively in your car.

And if you really want to you can then continue on the Academy Programme for a further 4 days animier.gif

Thank you for being a great walking/driving advert for us - apologies to your wife .... has she thought about ear plugs secret.gif

Jo

jo

is there any space left on the May 9th Drifting course ? - if so put me down and let me know about payment

(didn't book originally as had something else going on that weekend, now cancelled)

I would have loved to have done last weeks day but flew away on holiday the day of the course.

also need to speak about arranging a proper full days "training" and what might be the best course for me.

cheers

Paul

construction and property consultants : My company

Hi Paul

Yes there are 2 places available ... now 1 with your name on the list thumbsup.gif Full payment is now due and I need details from you to prepare your confirmation pack etc. So will you give me a call in the office on 01234 757633 or drop me a PM with your contact number and I'll call you. We can chat then if you like about further training, or else wait till the 9th and discuss throughout the day.

List now looks like this:

1. Internets

2. Felix

3. Beady

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jo cat.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Confirmation packs will be going out in the post next week. 4th place has been filled thumbsup.gif

Jo cat.gif

Great thumbsup.gif

Also fyi, it's looking like we're heading to the 'Ring for a private track day on 23rd August. Let me know if you'd like to know the details.

Jo cat.gif

• 2 weeks later...

What a fantastic day, thoroughly enjoyed it and the weather held off even though it was a little cold in the morning :)

Colin is a very good instructor giving confidence and encouragement all the way through out the day, all the training is in 'bite size chunks' so you don't have to take on too much at once and get a good grounding in each stage before moving onto the next. We mainly used CAT's Caterham and Elise for the training but we did get a chance in the afternoon to explore our own cars on the steering pad. Did mange to get the Esprit sideways too :thumbsup:

I would recommend them to anyone wanting to learn more about their car's handling. Also the hospitality was fantastic as always, thanks Jo and of course Colin :)

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

I totally agree with Chris… it was a fantastic day out! Learnt lots and had lots of fun… Thank you very much to Jo for her beautiful smile and great hospitality and of course to our great instructor Colin. Colin is indeed a fantastic instructor like Chris said. I defiantly would recommend is to anyone who would like to improve or learn how to control in a over steer or under steer situation. Or just learn how to drift around things

Cheers

Felix

Flattery will get you everywhere Felix blush.gif

Glad you had a great day and made it safely home. Congratulations to Beady for winning the Champagne for the Gymkhana and to internets for Driver of the Day animier.gif

Look forward to seeing you again soon and make sure you don't practice your new found skills at your local Town Hall roundabout shock.gif

Jo

I would also like to add my thoughts on the drifting day.

Absolutely fantastic event, very well organised, great location.

The best driving day i have had so far -anywhere! and certainly the best tuition - brillant and highly recommended.

i will definately be going back to do another day of some sort.

Just looking for a hammer to crack open the piggy bank.

thanks

construction and property consultants : My company

Lovely to meet you Paul and glad the day ticked your boxes thumbup.gif

Look forward to seeing you again.

Jo