free hit
counters
2010 TLF/CAT Driver Training Days! Saturday 27th March 2010/PDTD - Sunday 9th May/Drifting Masterclass - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

2010 TLF/CAT Driver Training Days! Saturday 27th March 2010/PDTD - Sunday 9th May/Drifting Masterclass

Bibs

For info and a review of our inaugural event with CAT please click here.

Our 2010 dates are as follows:

Performance Driver 'Track' Day (eg what we did before) - 8 people - Saturday 27th March 2010 - £340pp

Cornering Masterclass (next step on from above perhaps?) - 8 people - Date TBC depending on interest - £340pp

Drifting (if you fancy it!) - 4 people - Sunday 9th May 2010 - £295pp

Names - Please post below and I'll add your name to this master list.

PDTD

1. Derek (sailorbob) - Deposit Paid

2. Jonathan - Deposit Paid

3. Dave (Petrol Feet Driven) - Deposit Paid

4. Chris (Wookie) - Deposit Paid

Drifting

1. Chris (internets) - Deposit Paid

2. Felix (frowsell) - Deposit Paid

3. Paul (Beady)

Extra info for these 2 new courses.

Group Drifting & Over Grip Limit Handling

Learn the secrets of over limit handling using your Lotus and our Caterham 7.

A 5.5 hour experience for 4 owners covering the building blocks of vehicle control at grip limit, culminating in a timed Gymkhana "shoot out" in your own vehicle.

A fast moving sideways experience. Designed to build on the skills learnt on the Performance and Cornering Masterclass club days or as an introduction to the techniques of over grip limit driving for the novice, our instructors will tailor the training to your level of experience.

Understand and practice the building blocks of over grip limit driving. It is not just "nailing" the accelerator and relying on instinct. A drift is the culmination of many core skills polarized into one extreme exercise. All explained and demonstrated by your instructor and practiced by you.

Enjoy the challenge of our very sideways Caterham through the training, and experience the dynamic characteristics and capability of your own car as it realises its true potential at grip limit in the final runs of the day. Invaluable information for those owners wanting to maximise its potential andenjoyment of their Lotus on track.

Your training session will include presentations on:

Understeer

Oversteer

Lift Off Oversteer

Roll Oversteer

Weight Transfer at Turn In

Tyre Grip Trade Off

Identifying Grip Limit

Breaking Traction

The majority of the training will take place in our Caterham 7. You will have the opportunity at the end of the day, if you wish, to experience the dynamic character and capability of your Lotus. Your training will include an experience of a wetted as well as a dry surface on the Steering Pad/Mile Straight Apron.

Lotus Forums Members Price £295 per person

Please note:

Caterham 7 Specific: Minimum/maximum height 5'0/6'4 Maximum weight of 18 stone

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is and you're in. :ph34r:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Me too please! I'll be in the CSL :hrhr:

Hey the bullet is back in town, hows it hanging Alex? :beer:

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

PDTD for me please, and where do I send the money to Bibs you or pay on the day? What type of tyres will I need or will I need new ones after the day? Or even still I will read the FAQ page ?

Edited by Petrol feet driven
sig.jpg

Get in touch with CATDT on here (Jo) - She can take payment, either in full or a deposit now. You'll be fine for tyres, they will wear but not enough to worry about!

Evora NA

Hello All

As Bibs says, I'm to be found at the end of the phone (01234 757633) or by email ([email protected]) or by PM (CATDT) for any questions and to receive your payments.

Any questions let me know.

We look forward to meeting you and seeing familiar faces in the coming months.

Happy Christmas!

Jo

Ask the Expert - Colin Hoad - Evo Magazine

Watch our new promo film here: Corporate Overview

Read the latest article published by Evo Magazine here: CAT Driver Training review | Features | evo

http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk

"It's run by a top team of people and we thoroughly recommend them - Fifth Gear."

Bibs,

Please put me down for the PDTD session..... I don't know if I'll be able to get any sleep between now and then due to the excitement of anticipation!

Cheers,

CJ

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

• 2 weeks later...

Any more names for this please? We filled all the spaces in 24 hours last time!

Evora NA

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon All smile.gif

Can I encourage Jonathan, Alex (Silver Bullet), Gary (Sparky) and Chris (Wookie) to give me a call to pay their deposits for the event on 27th March please.

There are 2 places left if there are more interested parties out there ... do post up. hope.gif

Bibs & I have decided to remove the 15th May option.

That leaves the Drifters on 9th May.

Will Chris (internets), Felix (frowsell) and Chris (cweeden) likewise give me a call to pay deposits please.

That just leaves 1 place available for any other drifters out there thumbsup.gif

Jo cat.gif

Read the latest article published by Evo Magazine here: CAT Driver Training review | Features | evo

"It's run by a top team of people and we thoroughly recommend them - Fifth Gear."

• Gold FFM

I'm really sorry to do this, but I'm going to have to bow out for this one. Recent events at my company may mean that I can make no firm plans for the next 2-3 months. Apologies!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Hi Jo,

Sorry for the delay in contacting you, my feet haven't touched the ground for quite a while and I am easily side tracked.

My brother would like to do the drifting course too providing there is a money back guarantee if he is not a drifting Lord by the end of it. :-)

I am in the US this week with a lot of meetings but I will try and call you one morning to take care of the deposits.

Many thanks

-Chris

providing there is a money back guarantee if he is not a drifting Lord by the end of it. :-)

oh dear ... we can't promise that ... but we do do our best to help you all be Drifting God's .... not just Lords thumbsup.gif

Look forward to hearing from you when you can make contact.

Jo

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to Jo just a few minutes ago, am all paid up, and can feel the excitement level ramping up already. thumbsup.gif

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

I cannot locate my wallet.... wallbash.gif

Would you like me to come and help you find it thumbsup.gif

Wookie ... good to talk with you and thank you for your

Found it in the car which was being used yesterday, which is why no matter how hard I looked for it in the house (ie all day yesterday) I couldn't find it.

I promise not to take anything off my car until after driver training :wallbash:

facebook = [email protected]

Great - that's all 4 of you paid up for the PDTD on 27th March.

If there is anyone else that would like to join this event please shout - you'll be very welcome thumbsup.gif

Internets ... thanks for your deposit cheque received in the post this morning for your Drifting place thumbsup.gif

Felix - likewise great to speak with you just now and thanks for your deposit animier.gif

That just leaves ...... cweeden ..... I look forward to hearing from you soon please smile.gif

Jo

Edited by CATDT