free hit
counters
Lotus reveals new team logo - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus reveals new team logo

rocket63

Lotus F1 Racing revealed its new team logo today, retaining the famous green/yellow colours of the legendary Lotus marque - but at the same time providing the F1 team a completely new identity.

In a press conference held in Malaysia today, where Jarno Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen were confirmed as the team's 2010 drivers, team principal Tony Fernandes explained the choices made with the new logo.

"We have thought long and hard about our team brand and logo, and I am very pleased with the end result," Fernandes stated.

"F1 aficionados will immediately recognise the classic green and yellow colour of Lotus, but we have given it a modern twist which is essentially what this team is about.

"We are not pretending to be the Lotus of the past, but we are honoured to be able to bring the name back into Formula 1 at the start of a new decade of racing. We will draw on its heritage and use it to inspire and motivate our team, Lotus F1 Racing.

"I hope everybody likes the logo and enjoys a small glimpse into the livery of our race cars for our first season."

• Like 1

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Jury's out for me too.

• Like 1

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

It's...er...really...er...Lotus...inspirational...just like the Evora and the 6th/7th place at best ever drivers messers. Trulli and Kovaleinen...wonder if Ferrari say shall we try red for our team colours/logo this year?

• Like 2

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

I think we should be really pleased that it is a British logo, as some of the hype has suggested it being more "Force Malaysia".

Comparing to other Logos, the Renault is all well and good, but painting your car in ING corporate colours work well until your sponsor walks

ING colours are rubbish.

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I think we should be really pleased that it is a British logo, as some of the hype has suggested it being more "Force Malaysia".

Would that be so bad? after all it's a Malaysian team. I thought it would have had at least some link to Malaysia on it. maybe a bit of the flag or something. They have after all made it very clear their end game is to have a 100% Malaysian based team and are quite rightfully proud of that, so that would not have been out of order to have it on their logo. In fact, apart from a badge borrowed from a company they also own its got a lot more to do with Malaysia than the UK.

:)

I'm happy they didn't put in all the color from Malaysian flag in it, and send out a British link, but the design could easily be made by a toddler.

I was hopeing that they would go back, to the black and gold or black and silver times. The days when Lotus was still big in F1.

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

A British Logo? What a croc of shite - how the fech is that a 'British logo'? Please let's not turn this into some nationalistic diversion. Good or bad its a friggin logo and it is a shite shade of green and yellow with lotus written on it. Fech all to do with British or Proton. Next we'll be saying it should be on a Union Jack or the cross of St George or a turnip, or a red plastic clutch hose superimposed over the top.

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Ooooo. Go singstar champ ! Your crown will be mine :)

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

not sure what car company logo you would want? the team is backed by the malaysian goverment is it not?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

This logo looks too naive too childish! What do these three boxes represent?

Unless i've got it wrong, i thought it was obvious and it's the famous Lotus yellow racing stripe over british racing green?

jimclark_lotusclimax25.jpg

But it could simply actually be just three boxes, who knows?

:whistle:

Don't care much about "logos"...in any sphere...just hope the car works well!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein