free hit
counters
Lotus reveals new team logo - Page 2 - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rocket63

Lotus reveals new team logo

..You probably won't ba able to see it on the telly...

and with all the 'Petronas-dollars' gone into the Mercedes Team -it will even not be enough to stitch it on every team jacked :whistle: Not to mention to have the reserves for an whole learning-season, with wrecked cars for example !?

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

As someone who works in a major design studio and does this kind of thing for a living, allow me to interject my professional opinion.

There isn't really much wrong with the logo itself on the surface; its clean and balanced. However it is highly simplistic and fails to communicate the same sense of power and assertiveness that competitive teams bring across with their logos. It uses a fairly standard scrubbed sans-serif font in italic, which gives a generic feeling, and the minor design element of the tri-band at the bottom doesn't add much visual interest, nor does it serve a lot of purpose beyond adding a color (yellow) to what would otherwise be a monotone logo.

The utilization of the original Lotus logo as a standalone would probably not be appropriate for a few reasons, as even the teams with a highly recognizable history and identity (Ferrari, BMW) tend to minimize their corporate shield in favor of aggressive graphics. Now, the Lotus roundel is nowhere near as recognizable as, say, Ferrari, so the immediate benefit of its incorporation into a new logo design may be negligible, and I have my doubts as to how well it would work visually if used in a smaller size as a secondary element within a larger design, as its somewhat more busy and fussy than others (but some design studies would be necessary to wash that out for sure). On the other hand, the cross-branding advantage with Lotus road cars would be quite advantageous if the original logo was used... but we have no idea what the corporate relationship is there, so that may be the actual reason for it not being used in the first place.

Overall though, this is a weak effort regardless of the original logo utilization. A decent studio could have come up with far better options than this. Although we really don't know what was presented, as studios always present several rounds of options to the client... and the client very often chooses the worst one. So maybe there was some awesome stuff that the corporate bosses didn't pick.

hi guys

as the groundhogs of Lotus we naturally attempt to claim a stake of our cars beloved heritage.I think we must be careful not to critisize too much as the times are a changing and i suspect for Lotus ,whether it be F1 or Hethel - rapidly so.

with that said an done ,i would urge you to take the logo ,albeit simplistic and out of context of the brand , embrace it and add it to your collection.

let us not go down the path of destruction and self fulfullment and it gets more slippery as you go down.

i hope this sheds some light on the "jist "of attitudes that are mildly seeping into the infant stages of what could be greatness- be positive.

richard

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

Well put. But i think it's crap.

• Like 1

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Tom...I appreciate your professional insights...but I can never see a logo as making any real difference to reality. There is far too much "style over substance" these days...if the car goes well, the logo is irrelevant; if it doesn't, all the logoes in the world will not help. Spending huge sums on such things as the logo, re-branding and suchlike can only detract from the finances available to pursue the aim...which is surely to make a car that can win races. I accept that the team needs an identity that is recogniseable by the public; but who could draw, from memory, the Brawn GP logo? And they won the world championship...

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Wayne...my point, exactly. Your logo is perfectly fit for purpose..no need for any more expense. Spend the money on the CAR......!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I'm with you, Johnno.......I've yet to hear the announcer begin the event with "Gentlemen, start your logos!"detective.gif

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

It (the logo) is a bit "minimalist" at present, but I like to think it mirrors Chapman's view of car construction: not one more ounce than necessary.cool.gif

@waynef: the F1 symbolic with a little more clearer 'F1' reading (not that T-Rex look), and the 'checkered flag symbolic in Lotus colors' with a little more waving attached to it...

can you do that ?

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Boring....so what part of this car is built by Lotus ? :)

The Norfolk-based Litespeed team bought the rights to the name Team Lotus

So if I pay enough money I could call my car a Ronin Lotus Exige and sell it as such..... :D

Reputation and respect are earned not purchased....... This is a joke

Edited by ronin

I think it's fast enough…maybe

Frank, based upon what I've seen of your Exige in another post, I'd warrant that you could give the F1 boys a run for their money. Have you approached Litespeed regarding the possibility of a "dark horse" entry?rambo.gif

Ahh if only I had a sponsor........Hell Lotus wouldn't even consider putting graphics on my car even though it won best of show at the US West Coast Lotus meet........ My car says Lotus nowhere...... I'm not gonna pay for their advertizing, I figure by now they owe "me"....... :D

But still I think it's a joke that you can buy the name Lotus and put it on any pice of crap for a price....

Edited by ronin

I think it's fast enough…maybe

think the new lotus f1 logo was done by the same people who did the 2012 logo ;)

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)