free hit
counters
porsche transaxles - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

porsche transaxles

Hi, Has anyone fitted a porsche G50 or 930 Turbo transaxle to their Esprit, especially a S3? My question mainly relates to whether inboard brakes can be fitted to those transaxles? Thanks Spin

Edited by Spin

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Spin,

Jesus what sort of bhp are you expecting out of your S3! Seems like a lot of hassle to fit the porsche box but if you did pursue it, the brakes would be a drama, however far easier to just move the brakes outboard! did mine for less than

A

Hi Spin,

Jesus what sort of bhp are you expecting out of your S3! Seems like a lot of hassle to fit the porsche box but if you did pursue it, the brakes would be a drama, however far easier to just move the brakes outboard! did mine for less than

Sounds like a great project, and the triumph sounds the buisness, great looking car the triumph stag, As for the lotus the Ls1 sounds like a great engine to shoehorn in there :) Make sure you start a project thread on this one as it will be one intresting project!

Regards danny

A

Sounds like a great project, and the triumph sounds the buisness, great looking car the triumph stag, As for the lotus the Ls1 sounds like a great engine to shoehorn in there :) Make sure you start a project thread on this one as it will be one intresting project!

Regards danny

Will start a thread for sure if I get the Esprit project started. Having just done the Stag I am a bit light on for funds and the Porsche transaxle offer requires $$$ and a decision in the next week or two. Stag should be finished mid january with Xmas etc. Spin