free hit
counters
shocks and where to buy - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
braziers

shocks and where to buy

hi im looking to replace the front and rear shocks on my esprit v8. question is what should i buy and where should i go to purchase them? iv read on hear about the latest gen shocks avalible from lotus but iv also hear people quote that they are garbage! my local main dealer dosent seem very clued up on the subject so i was reluctant to spend lost of money if they are crap! i have also looked at spax adjustables the some people have used but no supplier seems to have listing for esprit beond 1996 s4.( mine 2000 v8 ) is the shocks on the s4 the same as v8 ? could anyone forward any info on shocks avalible/ suppliers/ prices would be handy so i can let the mrs know......NOT !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Lotus have always been a bit shaky in the ride and handling dept and Bilstein and Eibach only supply pretty much all of dampers and springs to F1, CART, WRC, NASCAR, WTCC and so on. Stick with Spax adjustable, I think Demon Tweeks do them.

If you don't like your local Lotus dealer, use another one. I use Strattons and full members on here get 10% off too (that's about £80 off the spring/damper package, not bad for £20).

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

^ Did I read that right ?

I'd go with the Lotus setup myself as it's been designed for the car. What have people said about them being garbage ?

• Like 1

facebook = [email protected]

i tried demond tweeks but they only had the listing for upto 1996 s4 but not for 2000 v8. are the shocks the same? do you know the spax part no and do they fit the lotus springs and are they height and damp adjustable ?

Edited by braziers

I was taking the piss, Demon Tweeks are where kids with Corsa's and Saxo's go for LEDs isn't it.

Buy the Lotus stuff, don't mess with the ride height or stiffness. Lotus forgot more about vehicle dynamics yesterday afternoon than the lot of us will ever know. Car manufacturers all over the world pay them millions of pounds to work on their cars, they are the best you'll ever get. You've seen how many awards the Evora recently received?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Lotus original fitment is not always fab though

My elise was transformed in its move from original red konis, through "LSS" konis to nitrons

The Esprit option isn't original equipment, it's an available upgrade.

I've driven 4/5 cars with it installed and have found it to be exceptionally good and it's being installed on my car right now!

Evora NA

are i see so your saying my citreon saxo with led light convertion and runway landing lights underneath is a craper then ! i see. you guys on here have no tast!!!!

so its of to lotus then. if i order though main dealer do i need to ask for these latest gen shocks and springs or it this all that they would supply anyway? not sure if this is an optional alternative product or the only product availible

They'll know what you're talking about. The part numbers are on here somewhere but call Rob Chapman at Strattons and he'll sort you out :whistle:

Evora NA

The Bilstein and Eibach replacements are supposed to be of much higher quality and have a revised rate. Sadly I had nothing to really compare it to becuase mine were butchered before I changed them.

Thing is with the Elise is more people are willing to muck about with the setting etc becuase it much more of a focused handling car where the Esprit is more GT.

Personally unless you want to spend ages messing about with a system not designed for the Esprit and second guessing how it should be set up I'd go with the Lotus system.

You can do a lot worse than drive the car to Hethel, have them fit it and do the geometry at the same time, more expensive but you'll roll away with a Lotus optimised suspension.

facebook = [email protected]

is it stratton motor company in norfolk ?

yes it is.

http://www.strattonmotorcompany.com

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I've got 8p down the back of the sofa, I'll do you a favour! Tell him you're on TLF and I sent you and you'll be assured of good service :whistle:

Evora NA

:whistle:

Oh, don't expect or ask for a discount, you're not a full paid up member so not entitled to it.

Evora NA

I have the new Lotus Bilstein/Eibach Suspension and LED's so you can all fech off you pish takers.

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

You didn't mention them in the 'for sale' ad, are they in the bin yet?

Evora NA

Although it rides high and I certainly wouldn't recommend Strattons personally - I am satisfied with the suspension, so will be offering it as is.

• Like 1

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

I have the Lotus setupon my S4 and its excellent.

There have been a few worries about ride height going around but provided it is properly weighted when it is set up it is as intended so just drive and enjoy.

It makes the car very go cart like, almost like a softer Elise!!

Turn in is excellent and it has removed a lot of the mid corner nervous neess that I used to find when having to vary the throttle in a bend!!

Just my thoughts

bit the bullet lotus springs a shocks it is. who needs membership to get discount !!!!! :whistle:

mind you i had to part exchange my running lights in. i was told to chuck them on the floor next to the disco ball.

Edited by braziers