free hit
counters
So Do You Think Your Car is Quick - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

So Do You Think Your Car is Quick

ronin

I went out for a little canyon run yesterday to get a feel for a set of new Hoosier R6 street slicks dot leagal,,,,,,,,, I did not take the video as I just met the guys for the first time at an overlook in the canyons. This is what they posted :thumbsup:

Believe it or not but I shift from second to third at 9,000 rpm. 80 mph........ 0-70 at 2.2 on my stopwatch. :whistle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCWOznASf9M

Edited by ronin

I think it's fast enough…maybe

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

0-70 at 2.2 on my stopwatch.

How does that feel? Does it hurt your face from all the grinning? :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

think that the Elise chassis, with its short wheelbase is nothing for high powered terms :)

'power is nothing without control'

..after all

PS. I know its an Opel-speedster body on it, but basically it is always the same..

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

think that the Elise chassis, with its short wheelbase is nothing for high powered terms :P

'power is nothing without control'

..after all

Then I suspose you haven't seen this video of my car..... :) ...Control is everything....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9NhmUmeDPU

Edited by ronin

• Gold FFM

ronin [Frank] I know what attracts you on acceleration & power, as in the university there is one guy of this group:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9wqr42Xzg8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a-TgceHjbo&NR=1

just imagine what one of those powerplants could do in an Elise, with a slightly longer wheelbase [for stability & safety reasons of course..].

there was an note of interest announced to me. maybe we can 'reanimate' the S1 Elise I've got with a little more power in future :)

I'm not sure how far the chassis structure was tested, on the power range tests during development. Especially as the old GT-1 cars I've see in Le-Mans years ago looked slightly different in detail :) ..but again, this seems to be interesting under an Elise body

The point of my little exercise was to make useable power not straight line stupidity......Keeping the 2ZZ engine as it's source... The reason I bought the Lotus was because it reminded me of my old Stratos with room to grow...

Corner to corner power plus handling are better than any car I've own to date. There is nothing you could buy that would come close to this sucker on the road.....

• Gold FFM

your right, for corners it is more important to have less weight, instead of brutal power.. . So it would be enough to add an generic 2L turbo/compressor engine with around 300HP.

Interesting to see that someone in the US is concentrated on the fast cornering , by the way :)

Remember there are lots of mountains here in the States, lots of canyons to run. That's the only reason I bought the Lotus...

Too little weight and no down force at slower speeds and the car will skip off the corners on rough roads. That's why I added 10,5 rear wheels and 285 tires to add mechanical grip where there is no aero downforce at the lower speeds.....

At times it feels even better with the added weight of screaming passenger..... There's just not enough weight to take full advantage of the tires grip, since they are all rated for a much heavier car...

• Gold FFM

and i guess most of those 'screaming :) ' do not weight that much :) ..or at least, I hope there are still enough of the spring-break girls, instead of a fast-food *RUBENS lady* in the US

I was screaming watching the video. :)

I used to live in Lost Valley and worked in Santa Clarita and commuted along San Francisquito Canyon Road except when the roads got washed out. Then I had to switch to Lake Hughes Road and then Bouquet Canyon Road. Bouquet Canyon Road is where I got my only speeding ticket ever.

boquet1.gif

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

There ya go in the general neighborhood, ya left out Little Tajunga and Sand canyon with a return trip back on Lake Hughes, the 5 and back to the Valley.... :) Happy Holidays guys, be safe....

Edited by ronin