free hit
counters
In the post today..... - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
foxsy wattsy

In the post today.....

came 3 certificates (No, not for my 200m swim which I did in primary - arrive at last!) but from The Breathing Plant. My son's school were given some envelopes to return unwanted mobile phones. I am now the proud owner of 3 Silver Birches planted in Gloucestershire. By returning these a tree is planted for each handset to help reduce the CO2 - with the cars we drive in mind - I thought a nice way to reduce our footprint just a little.

To get a free envelope go to [email protected] - for 10 or more they will even collect. It might be interesting to see how many we can send - maybe a lotus forest ....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've still got my phone from 1994, do you think they'll plant an oak for that 'cos it's about that big?! :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

We bought our Christmas tree (a beautiful pine) from the local Nature Reserve where they run the woodland as a managed farm.

With each purchase you get a sappling to plant in your garden, I can't help thinking in about twenty years time they'll have done themselves out of customers! biggrin.gif

I'm currently cutting down trees and burning them.

I plan to keep doing this as long as I'm cold and hoping that as well as keeping warm, I will increase the unshaded areas I can uses as garden. Trees are overrated.

Now if I can swap an old mobile for a tree I can burn then that may entice me, plastic burns VERY well and helps keep me even warmer, just got to remember to remove the battery first.

I'm not a greenie and as such do my very best to increase global warming (if you believe in it, its blooming freezing here), managing 17mpg in the truck at present and enjoying it immensly.

Chunky Lover

Brilliant!!! :) Surely burning engine and gearbox oil is saving the planet anyway as it saves it going into landfill and kill dolphins etc. Trees are good though especially when they are close to the fire...

• Like 1

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

hundreds of 'activists' have gone on the way to the *climate-conference*, several politicians too... and journalists. All by a plane, a train or a car, or even a ship. Where is the sense in it -does this not make an negative effect on global emissions ?!

Or what sense does it make -every time I see it in TV. several ships with *climate scientists* are on the way across the arctic sea. Again, with fossil powered Diesel-ships, or nuclear radiation powered Russian Ice-Breakers.

Does this make any sense -I mean we all know that the ice is melting. There is no need to go there in an way that it looks just like 'a fun tour' for personal interest :-/

Ohh, and the production of new products does cost a lot of energy , even the paper for the packages and the transport does have an global effect. So I hate to say it -but most of the so called 'activists' are just naive in mind :-P

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..