free hit
counters
ABS must go! - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

ABS must go!

Ok, I've had enough of the Delco Moriane ABS system. I get periodic ABS lights and brake lights that seem to more associated with time of month or atmospheric conditions than anything else. I have an after market pressure switch in the system that seems to work OK - at least most of the time, but I have other things going on as well. I've also become very tired of listening to the periodic running of the pump motor and the pedal feel. To me this is the achilles heal of an otherwise fine exotic car, so I am done.

I purchased a Honda S2000 brake booster and master cylinder assembly - which looks like it will fit nicely into the space to be vacated by the Moraine MC. I am in the process of routing a vacuum one from the Aux pump to the front compartment and fabricating the adapter bracket and pedal actuation rod, all reasonably straight forward - but what's up with those flare nuts that connect the brake lines to the Moraine MC???? The 2 fronts and the real all appear to be different fittings. I had hoped to leave the stock brake lines intact and use adapters and a t-block to interface the lines to the new 10mm inverted flare Honda MC fittings. Any idea on the the threads/flare style on the various Moraine MC fittings? I would like to have the hydraulic compontents in hand before yanking the Moraine stuff to minimize downtime.

Has anyone else done this?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW I was just talking to Harry at Viking Motorsports in Costa Mesa and he refitted a Kelsey Hayes off a V8 onto someone's S4. Give him a buzz, I'm certain he can give you some pointers.

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Keep us all informed of any progress, must be many other frustrated owners looking for an alternative system.

Must be an opportunity for someone to produce a DIY "KIT" using a vacuum servo.......................or any other ideas????

Dont worry,be happy.............