free hit
counters
Corvette Burnout - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Corvette Burnout

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When the flag went down

You could smell the clutch burn

The Stingray had a great deal to learn

I hung a big shift and I let out a sigh

And then I flew by the Stingray

I waved bye-bye

(with apologies to The Rip Chords)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

So bold in preparation, so furious in defeat, so f*#^$d when it came to the bill. Big question is, was it his car???????

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

One might have thought that even the meanest intellect would have been looking at the instruments..at least at some point..and noticed zero mph and lots of revs!!! Only one way for that to happen... Whatever, the clutch must have been knackered beforehand, a good clutch wouldn't expire like that... so he would have needed to change it anyway.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Must admit I absolutely detest all this idiotic smoke making...wearing out perfectly good tyres in the process, stressing all the transmission for no good reason. "Doughnuts" and suchlike, too...not the actions of a gentleman, can't imagine the likes of Moss, Fangio, Hawthorne etc. resorting to such display. Maybe the clutch failure is along the lines of "As ye sow, so shall ye reap"!!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Corvette owners aren't exactly known as the brightest automotive bulbs in the packet over here ....

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!