free hit
counters
The 2010 Club Lotus Show & Festival - Events - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

The 2010 Club Lotus Show & Festival

esp88

Little early but I think time to book a hotel/ferry....

Who are going and where to stay ?

Does anyone has plan ?

Yasuo

Edited by gghc87

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Matk

min. 1-3 month before then I can get very cheap flight to U.K

I also checked the Ferry to harwich but strange enough there are no ferry on that week ?

Yasuo

Not sure on the accomodation Yasuo. I was wondering pretty much the same thing, particularly as we have never been to the venue before.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Laura has made some calls and we're struggling to find a decent hotel with enough rooms in the area.

Tent anyone?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The single reason i'd do overnight on this one would be a good hotel that can take us all, feed us, and has a good bar for the evening.

:)

It's gutting we found the thistle at donny on the shows last year there, and the hotel at warwick for stoneliegh with the wander into warwick and curry in the evening was ace too.

:popo:

Have looked myself, and as far as hotels go, this venue (although in nice country) might as well be on the moon. Maybe we need to have a remote hotel type meeting point, hoon to the show, hoon back to hotel for the evening? Then we could make it more of a convoy and event meet, and have better radius on hotels?

:thumbsup:

Thats an ace idea Paul. Somewhere near a place of interest.......or not as the case maybe ?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Well I've phoned all the decent hotels I could find in the area & some that Cliff kindly suggest in another thread but they either can't accommodate us or want to charge ridiculous amounts to accommodate us so everyone is free to phone around any you can think of & let me know if you find anywhere!

Good thinking Yasuo, I was only thinking about this myself a couple of days ago and checking out flights etc in case I don't have a car by then. They are cheap if I book now!

Mat, You're welcome to a ride with me as always if you've not got a car by then. Will definitely go Saturday and Sunday.

Martyn :thumbsup:

That sounds like a good idea. Excited, my first meet for a long while!

Plenty of places if we do a little hoon of, say, 25 miles then lets look what we can do...

Ok, here is The Lotus show location.

There is a premier inn at Tewkesbury from £59 a night at weekends, might be more at the time but we would go for a deal.

We could eat at the hotel or get some minibuses into Tewkesbury to somewhere like THIS or there are other places and several pubs.

Never been there, but the hotel is on the M5, cheap, near the venue, and there is somewhere to go out.

:thumbsup:

Note: Yasuo and Mat, i'm just using this as an example, i'm not saying 'this is it' so don't book!!!

:)

Paul - good idea mate

Laura - out of interest how many rooms are you trying to book?

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

If its good to go, then we are in.

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Note: Yasuo and Mat, i'm just using this as an example, i'm not saying 'this is it' so don't book!!!

:respect:

Don't panic! I have no intention of jumping the gun and ending on my own in a hotel 30 miles from everyone else. I do though have a fairly limited choice of airports if I'm flying (Bristol, E Midlands (which would have been perfect for Donny!) and Stansted) so it makes sense to get a flight booked now as cost is about

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Ive been asking round and got a 4* hotel about 10 miles away with top roads for hooning on......

its about 40% discount and they'll do a slap up silver service dinner if youre interested.....

I was putting this to the LEC boys but some of them seem to wanting to camp.......mad b******ds......

anyone interested.....

golf club, spa etc etc etc.......best western, bank house hotel if you want a look.....

theyve also got parking for about 350 cars....;)

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Thats about

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

any chance you could speak up, can't hear you. :P :P

hope you get better soon :D

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

laura

give me a ring or get bibs to give me a ring...tell me what youve asked for....

they tell me theyve even got room to stick a car on the dance floor......

and Ive only asked for dinner for 100 people...

cheers

gareth

ps....sorry forgot Ive already left bibs an answer phone message.....

pps get him to give me a bell.....

:D

Ive sent you the info.....

didnt know if you wanted it posting or not......or if you wanted a different section for it...:P

cheers

G

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)