free hit
counters
Best battery for Turbo SE - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
set

Best battery for Turbo SE

Happy New Year! band.gif

Does anyone have a view on the best modern replacement battery to fit to a 1990 Turbo SE? Has battery technology moved on a bit (I expect it has) from the original specification in the handbook?

Grateful for any help.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I use an 065 from Halfords. The calcium ones are about

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

It's in my 1989 SE just fine :thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

I've had the Halford HCB075 in mine previously - great battery.

However, last time I needed a change, I was feeling tight and got one from Euro Car Parts in Ashford for about

Steve

89 SE Pacific Blue

http://lexi.mantaur.co.uk

Thanks Steve - I'll ponder which one to get and may take you up on the offer of a courier service!. Mine has gone flat (again) and I'm not sure if it is the battery, a short somewhere or just normal behaviour - its been sheltering indoors from the wet weather for a while so it may be feeling lethargic sleeping.gif

If you've had the car sat in the garage with the battery hooked up then it doesn't take very long for the alarm/immobiliser to trash it. Best off disconnecting the battery and connecting a trickle charger.

I've got a Clarke one from Machine Mart in Deal -

Steve

89 SE Pacific Blue

http://lexi.mantaur.co.uk

I fitted an Optima Red-Top model 34 (spill proof too, but lighter and better warranty than Yellow Top and yes I have replaced it under warranty after a rainy winter of disuse, I agree with the trickle charger recommendation). It fits perfectly in the factory location and the factory hold-downs and cover fit fine.

Best price and shipping (USA) I found was from Summit Racing.

Yours,

Tom

'89 FI

Edited by tje111

"If everything is under control, you're going too slow." - Mario Andretti

Thanks for the replies - at the moment I've gone for a CTEK 3600 charger/conditioner from www.powersuppliesonline.co.uk (a bit cheaper than Club Lotus) and I'll see how it goes. If the battery is shot then I'll still use the conditioner on any replacement I buy, so it's not wasted.

Now that the snow has gone from this corner of the county I might get a chance to actually take the car out! :)

Evora NA

CTEK Conditioner seems to have worked - started today without any problem. Took it for a short blast down the A20 and it behaved perfectly so I'll put off buying a new one 'til later - good to know there are easy options when it comes to it though! :)