free hit
counters
Evora Registry Discussion - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Al.

Evora Registry Discussion

Would colour/LHD/RHD/Packs be any use do you think?

Not sure what the intended purpose of the register is? However if you remember we had lots of discussions about the various colour combo's including the interior and wheels standard or forged, colour standard or stealth before we started taking delivery. Many colours even have not been seen yet. The car looks so different on different combos in the flesh. Perhaps a full listing would allow prospective buyers go directly to the chosen person for more photographs or whatever. It would save having to trawl through the garage system although that could also be used.

I would think that the pack info is probably worth a tick box or something for the main choices.

Will only be able to submit chassis # in about 10 days or so when home.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good idea. Danger of it getting over-complicated if we capture too much info but maybe LHD/RHD, exterior colour and packs is useful. People can always add more info in their garage entry for example on aftermarket mods.

Is there an intention to try and make this as comprehensive as we can, for example by tracking down info on dealer demo cars, cars we spot out and about etc? Or just for owners to add info if they want.

Re the colour combinations point, I've got lots of pics of exteriors, some of wheel options and a handful of interiors. Hadn't figured out how best to structure these in a post, in the wiki or on my flickr account to make them useful, but if someone can provide the creativity and technical structure for some sort of navigable gallery, I'm happy to upload what I've got. See http://lotuscars.se/type122/ for an example of how it could be done.

This is a bit of fun for owners really Stefan, that's a 'hammer to crack a nut' approach I think to it. The garage is useful and a list of cars and owners compliments this. It will be useful in the future for tracing owners and a cars history, perhaps a TLF member knows something about a car for sale or in 10 years time the new owner can get in touch with the prior owners etc. We've about 500 Esprits and 50 2Elevens in their respective lists.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

So, anyone want to be the first in the registry?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Bibs,

Probably not the place to ask but are you planning to extend the registry to other models in addition to Esprit, Evora and 2Eleven.

Join Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland here!  and on Facebook 

Unless other wise organised somewhere else and details posted on the forum the default location for the LEGS Breakfast meets are on the 1st Sunday of the month at Mannerstons Cafe and Farm Shop EH49 7LY between 10:00am and midday.

There are something like 30,000+ Elige's and I'd not be willing to do that manually. If we can find some software that allows users to add/edit/delete their entries then I'll set it up.

Evora NA

So, anyone want to be the first in the registry?

Hi Bibs, humour me a minute. I'm still a little confused. What are we finally agreeeing to list or not in here? How do we go about posting the info and then where will it appear? I'm happy to give the info but just don't know what your looking for.

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Bibs,

I didn't think about the numbers involved when I suggested an Elige registry.

Al,

This link to the Esprit registry will show what info Bibs is looking.

Esprit registry

Unless other wise organised somewhere else and details posted on the forum the default location for the LEGS Breakfast meets are on the 1st Sunday of the month at Mannerstons Cafe and Farm Shop EH49 7LY between 10:00am and midday.

For simplicity I think chassis number and owner/location will do. More details aren't really neccessary and make for much more work!

Evora NA

I've split this topic off so we can begin the Evora registry proper. Who wants to be first?

Evora NA

Bibs, can you change 'Matteson' to 'Matheson' please in the listing. Muito obrigado rolleyes.gif

They're well into the 130's now! Not sure about that digit but I will find out. It may be gearbox choice or something similar.

Paul, I don't think that chassis numbers are sequential by model, you may find that the number before yours was a 2eleven and the number after was an Exige. The numbers are initially allocated to the build record as the order comes in from the dealer and make it onto the chassis very soon in the build process.

Evora NA

I haven't got the decode on the Evora VIN but if it is anything like the format for the Elan and Elise it'll be something like:

SCC = Lotus

2 characters for market

4 digits for key variant info such as 2+0 vs 2+2, engine, gearbox, packs (looks like 5 = standard box and 7 = sports box)

1 digit year code

1 character factory code (H = Hethel)

1 character variant code, usually just LHD/RHD but can accommodate other info so the 2+2 vs 2+0 might be in this

1 digit legislation identifier, ie which jurisdiction's regulations it meets (4 = EU and IIRC 6 = US and 5 = Japan)

4 digit unique identifier

I don't think there is anything in the VIN that uniquely tells you it is an Evora and the 122 at the beginning may just be a coincidence - we'll see once we have some VINs from non LE cars or a definitive decode key from Hethel. I'm pretty sure the unique ID is sequential across the entire product range, so isn't an indication of numbers of Evoras built. It does give you a rough idea of whether another Evora might have been built before or after yours, but they don't necessarily come out of the factory in VIN sequence.

oi Tom, haven't seen you that non-informed before ;)

VINs up to A-0359 (there is a VIN format change in MY10 from number 0360 onwards)

123 Manufacturer (SCC = Lotus)

4 Engine Type (eg. T = 2GR-FE)

5 Restraint (eg. C = dual SIR + active front belts)

678 Vehicle Type (eg. 122 = Evora)

9 Check Digit (see Wikipedia for algorithm)

10 Model Year (eg. 9 = 2009)

11 Assembly Plant (eg. H = Hethel)

12 Chassis/Body (eg. N = RHD AC, P = LHD AC)

13 Model (eg. 4 = Evora)

14-17 Serial Number

there is *no* Evora-specific serial number, this is shared with all Lotus cars.

so all non-prototype(VP/EP) Evoras upto A-0359 look like SCCTC122.9H.4....

VINs from A-0359

just for half-reference since I do not have all data for the new VINs commencing A-0360:

123 Manufacturer Code (SCC)

4 Brand (L = Lotus)

56 Model (HC = Elise, HH = Exige, NB = 2-Eleven, ...)

7 Engine

8 Restraint (A = 3pt no SIR, C = dual SIR, L = 4pt no SIR, S = 5pt noSIR)

9 Check Digis (see Wikipedia)

10 Model Year (A=2010, B=2011, ...)

11 Plant (H=Hethel)

12 Market Spec (A=LHD USA, B=LHD Canada, C=RHD Other, D=LHD Other, etc...)

13 Build Type (1=Std, 2=Proto *lol*)

14-17 Serial Number

re Type Numbers...

you have to distinguish between two different interpretations of "Type Number" (hell, it's Lotus ;) ).

One is Lotus internal as within part numbers, like 111=Elise S1, 117=Elise S2, 120=111R, 124=Europa, 127=2-Eleven, 132=Evora.

The other one is legal stuff as within VINs, like 111=justabouteverything Elise, incl. S1,S2,111R,Exige, 122=Evora, 123=2-Eleven.

The right now known as "Type 124" sporty Evora variant *might* refer to a VIN-related type number, since Lotus Type number 124 is... the Europa S/SE. Partswise it is right now referenced als LS5 (LotusSport project).

Edited by Tico

Hi Ian hope to see out on one of our LEGS runs.

Just noticed after posting this originally that you have Heated Seats, must be a new option which I know is standard on the Supercharged car. Is yours the S model?

Edited by bingoking

Hi Brian,

Took me completely by surprise! There are one or two other no-cost upgrades including the satnav (I think). The Cocobolo leather is a a far more muted brown colour too. The car has sat in the garage since delivery because the roads here are still filthy, but I must extract digit and get going now. Problem with width of garage doors, so am trying full-length mirror on end wall to see if I can get it in without nervous breakdown.

I won't know exactly what I've got until I use it, but will report back if I ever find out! Seems to be same spec as the "S" but without the blower.

ATB,

Yes, along with a release button for the boot! Part of the Comfort Pack.

A boot release button, whatever next?

What about front fog lights?

Does this mean that all three blank buttons on the left of the wheel are now used up?

No fog lights, but all 3 buttons now used (Driver & Passenger Heated seats plus boot release).

There's no reason that heated seats can't be retrofitted, I should think it's quite a big job though and very expensive if you wanted to go OEM.

Sorry Justin - no pics yet. Camera and me both frozen solid...

Apart from the items already mentioned there are no obvious changes except the brown leather - now much softer more pleasing colour. Not-so-obvious change is the build quality, particularly the fit and finish of the interior. I can't fault it, but others may disagree with me (not unusual)!