free hit
counters
3.0 Jaguar V6 Duratec in S3 - Page 3 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
wayneb911

3.0 Jaguar V6 Duratec in S3

big sigh, i was hoping to find a mazda sourced unit due to the power numbers they put out. what application are you thinking of? im guessing nobody has one of these adaptors ying around...oh and i wasnt hinking of doing it in steel :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I guess you could use the Mazda option more easily than I. As mine would be front engined I have a bulk-head to contend with, if the parts of the Mazda unit are like the ford one and overhang the gearbox you can easily alter the boot floor area. Steel will be more than strong enough (depending on thickness) but ali is stronger for the given weight.

I guess there will be lots of places than can cur them out from a billet of ali / plate of steel. If you can accurately measure the centre of the flywheel and centre of the gearbox you can then just get the horizontal sorted and you're there. Punky mocked his up in MDF.

Are you planning to use the Citroen box? If no then does any other vehicle use the same box? If so try searching for a plate to fint a Duratech into that vehicle.

If planning to use the Citroen then you'll probably have to start from scratch.

Andy

it would be going into a 91. im just trying to find a not so costly, light yet powerfull v6. nissan apparently made one that put out 300hp. choices choices choices.

I still have the design for the adaptor on file i can nail it across if anyone ever wants it. I dont have the full size template anymore but ime sure someone could mock one up from the drawing i made as it was acurate and based on original Ford duratec drawings and Lotus bell housing drawings that i aquired.

Welcome back me cant wait for a new project

Everyone on here has made lots of progress. Watch this space im hopeing to fill it again soon.

:thumbsup:

Wayne

Would love to get copies of your drawings - I have no engine issues currently but if it did go bang it would be an option I would look into. Would PM but your inbox may be full?