free hit
counters
Wanted Chargecooler - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dazmans3

Wanted Chargecooler

[/lggeftff]ffffffffff

[/[/Wanted Chargecooler in good working order. I have had a change of mind to the develeopment of my S3 turbo project.i]

b]

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi

Sorry a bit short, but was unable to get this add to work properly from my work Web access in scotland.Ok, I am looking for an esprit SE/S4 Chargecooler. I am converting mine to Injection. Unfortunately I can no longer get the pipe that goes from the Turbo to the plenum chamber, as used on the handfull of injection only esprits that were produced. So the way ahead now is to

put on a Chargecooler instead. Can anyone help/advise here. Know where best to get one made if comes to that?

Daz

The pipe from the turbo to the plenum from your '85 should work just fine. You will need to plug the balance tube taps and work out a place to put the secondary injectors, but that has to be easier than converting to a chargecooler.

Mike - '83 Esprit Turbo, Turbo St. Tropez,  '87 Esprit Turbo  (FrankEnSPRIT), '05 Elise

Thank you for input. I am about to put in an S4 engine, unfortunately it didn't come with a chargecooler, but has the injection system. She is currently fitted with an HC engine, which has developed a problem with the head. Because of the injection rail, the Pipe from the turbo to the Plemum chamber will no longer fit as it is about 1/2 inch to high. This goes for both the LC & HC versions of this pipe. My other very last resort is to put the Carbs on the new engine, however I now like the idea of chargecooling. Andy Jenkins has done a very nice job with his.

Daz

Well its seams that lotus Chargecoolers have simply disapearded form the face of the earth. So what on earth are those with SE's,S4's S4S's and GT3s onward going to do when their Chargecoolers finally pack in.

I think a valid 'Q' here as the current units out there on esprits are now getting on. I have spoken to some of the specailists who seam to only just coming round to this, with no replacements, unless someone out there knows of somewhere? or has one stashed away in his garage.

So it looks like I will have to make up a pipe from the Turbo to the Plemum & run on injection only. Not the end result I was hopng for as it wont look quite right.

Dazman what was the problem with the HC engine? Didnt seem that long ago when you put it in? How many miles did you get?

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Hi Scott, sorry since this forum was updated I now find it a problematic to add or eddit anything on here. I got about two years use out og the HC engine, then developed a rattly noise form the head. No 1 Exh it turned out to befrom. I thought the worst at the time so when the oportunity to buy an S4 engine came up I have a silly momment & bought it. However no regrets as its what I wanted orriginally. HC engine is now out of the car, & its seams localist to just one valve, No 1 ist Exh valve. with no damged on the piston seen. But until I take the head off I wont know for sure. I plan to get the head re-conditioned anyway. But am focusing on the S4 engine at the mo. That starte dout with just upgrading to Fuel injection & ECU ect, but I can't find a standard pipe to fit(Turbo to Plenum chamber), so the next thing to do is Chargecool her.But its proving hard to find a Chargecooler. So I might have to go to plan A or put the carbs on again, which would be a shame at this stage.

I've got 2. One is a Sport 300 that has basically never been used, and the other one just came off my S4s as I have installed a brand new one that's twice the size.

I won't be back home for 2 weeks, but when I do, I can give you more details.

This is what I installed on the S4s :lol:

chargecooler.jpg