free hit
counters
Back on the road after 4 months - FEFUFFU - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sgrobler

Back on the road after 4 months - FEFUFFU

Finally, after being off the road since September I am back on the road as of yesterday!!

I started off in September 09 intending to replace the fan cowling and fix the the A/C but one thing lead to another ... snowballs in Perth?

This is what I ended up doing:

- new fan cowling + new S/S mountings

- paint fan motors and replace bearings

- repair and paint the radiator under tray, re-instate the two stays

- replace all the rubber radiator hoses at the front + the Aluminium 90 degree bend

- remove the aluminium radiator pipes from the chassis and patch up corrosion damage, then paint the ends + refit

- remove and replace all the A/C hoses with new

- new A/C compressor (Sanden SD508)

- new A/C Tx valve, drier and new pressure switch (Hi + Lo cutoff)

- remove oil cooler hoses and replace with new

- replace oil cooler with new SETRAB (same as original)

- renew all bolts with S/S

- zinc or nickel plate various small brackets

- new front grill mesh in S/S

Some photos of most of the job are here:

http://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlink

The aircon has been re-gassed with R134a and so far is working well. Getting around 3C-5C in the vents

It was great fun and quite satisfying, but after spending virtually everyday on it for the last 2 weeks it did begin to wear me down a bit!!

So I am not tackling anything major until 2011!!

Thanks to various forum members that posted helpful answers to my questions during the process (some might say ordeal?).

Regards

Steve

Steve

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Congrats on getting all that work done and getting her back on the road. Looks nice.... Enjoy.....

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

Finally, after being off the road since September I am back on the road as of yesterday!!

Thanks to various forum members that posted helpful answers to my questions during the process (some might say ordeal?).

Regards

Steve

Great work Steve, it looks like you did a good job. How often do your fans kick in and what temperature does your gauge read when crusing and also in traffic jams ?

Well done !

Too many Toys are never enough !

Thanks guys

My fans hardly ever kick in if I am cruising around the suburbs at 60-80kmh. Gauge sits on about 80C. When I'm in traffic it gets to 90C and the fans come in.

Don't think I've seen it hit 100C yet, but I'll pay a bit more attention next time I'm out..

regards

Steve

Steve

Good to see you got it all done Steve. Might see you Monday night at the FnC run.

Michael.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Good to see you got it all done Steve. Might see you Monday night at the FnC run.

Michael.

Hi Michael - thanks - sounds good. Did you manage to finish fixing up your door/window?

Steve

Steve

Good job there Steve. Are the new hoses special R134A ones? Don't know of an Esprit a/c that hasn't had leaking problems.

Michael, I tried to email you but your box must be full. Got back ok and did the h/l match?

DanR