free hit
counters
I'm Modified - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ronin

I'm Modified

Hey guys I did a photo shoot with the guys from Modified Mag yesterday, a perfect day, weather was 80*f and the roads were clear....

Hopefully they get the facts right so that new and old Lotus owners will get a chance to see what can be done to these little pocket rockets.. :D

Here's a little video of some of the road.... I driven this road dozens of times and never stopped to see what it really looked like from another point of view....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANL-m4JLc4w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANL-m4JLc4w

Edited by ronin

I think it's fast enough…maybe

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Your passenger seemed to like it! :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

I told him in our original phone conversation that he had never been in a car like this and to prepare himself......He seemed to think I was kidding until I warmed up the tires and punched it.......

I may now get the cover..... :D

We may now have a new convert.....

If it's the May issue it will be out sometime early April.....

If it's the May issue it will be out sometime early April.....

I can't seem to edit my first post.... I added some footage of thr road to give a better idea of the distance covered...enjoy.. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC1GmphTFVw&feature

Edited by ronin

I love that car!!

And it Loves you Junks... :shock: ...come on over for a drive anytime dude.... :) ...That video gives a fair idea as to the power this sucker has, notice how the car almost jumbs off the frame when I stab the loud peddle.. cool.gif

And it Loves you Junks... :) ...come on over for a drive anytime dude.... :) ...That video gives a fair idea as to the power this sucker has, notice how the car almost jumbs off the frame when I stab the loud peddle.. cool.gif

That shouldn't be allowed!

Ronin have you seen the pictures of Junk's cars?...and you are offering him a drive.:no:D He was going to attend the Europa meeting but it was too much effort to put the car on the trailer.

Hopefully Junks purple Europa will be on the road soon.:(

I think the top brass from Lotus should come and have a look at your car! If Lotus were to make such a beast it would lift the company profile to a new high. I think you should have been able to buy the Elise GT1 cars? But at what price. If they could do something like this I thing everyone would be impressed...especially Mr.Clarkson whos good views must be worth millions to car manufacturers.

Im not usually a fan of modded cars but I do take my hat off to this one! Top marks to you on this one!!

Much much respect

Buddsy :(

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

I think you should have been able to buy the Elise GT1 cars? But at what price.

Would have been great to see one about wouldn't it?

:)

Lotus_Elise_GT1_Type_115_488f67660f225.jpg

I figure the fact they did not sell the GT1 is one of the reasons that S1 Exiges now sell (if you can find one) for more than S2 Exiges.

3297022777_67fa4a8b25.jpg

Which is a bugger if you would like one.

:(

I think the top brass from Lotus should come and have a look at your car! If Lotus were to make such a beast it would lift the company profile to a new high. I think you should have been able to buy the Elise GT1 cars? But at what price. If they could do something like this I thing everyone would be impressed...especially Mr.Clarkson whos good views must be worth millions to car manufacturers.

Im not usually a fan of modded cars but I do take my hat off to this one! Top marks to you on this one!!

Much much respect

Buddsy :(

Funny thing is I met Roger Becker over a year ago and tossed him the keys, he refused to take it for a drive... :) I think Lotus are just too conservative and are afraid to make a real statement with their product..

They need to get with the program and lead rather than follow..

Paul when I said you should have been able to buy one I thought I read as part of their entry you HAD to be able to buy one...if you had the cash? Paul Matty I think had one for sale about 6-8months back i think?

...but I could be wrong...prob am lol

Buddsy

It was Bell and Colvill if I'm thinking of the same one - http://www.finecars....1109/index.html

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

I think that mush have been the same car, never been raced, used as a spare or something? I dont remeber seeing the Bell & Covill website before though? It was being advertised on pistonheads. Looks mean stripped out and quick!

Buddsy

That car was at The 60th Anniversary event at Hethel.

A stunning looking Machine.

post-9472-126411191509_thumb.jpg

I think Lotus are just too conservative and are afraid to make a real statement with their product..

They need to get with the program and lead rather than follow..

Spot on.

I'll be installing a sequential shifter for the Toyota E153 gearbox next week. I'll first mount the paddles on the wheel to see how it feels. If that doesn't work for me I can also mount them on the colum...I hate having to take a hand off the wheel to shift when driving on rough roads...

The clutch is still used as before..

memories ..from past times (Le-Mans, France) as I have seen this, I never thought that I would ever own a car with this badge unworthy.gif

both GT-1 Elise displayed on the 60th celebration looked good ! Sadly, my bank-account does not allow to collect anything like that.

some years earlier there was an MVR GT-1 Elise for sale too..

Ronin, is it right that some parts of your engine setup are available from Bell-Intercoolers ? As the side mentions a 'Ronin kit' ..

post-1463-126582705759_thumb.jpg

post-1463-126582720194_thumb.jpg

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

The original supercharger chargecooler and heatexchanger were from Bell Intercoolers, the guys there were very helpful four years ago... :lol:

Edited by ronin

All I can say is Ronin.. I bloody love :) that car of yours!!!.. seen it on seloc many times and just can't get over how awsome that thing is!... like many others I'd love an S1 exige.. or even just make my S1 111s look like an S1 exige..

my hat goes off to you.. awsome car! :lol: