free hit
counters
Lotus Evora Cup Car Launches With New Spec Series - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ajp33

Lotus Evora Cup Car Launches With New Spec Series

Lotus has just announced the introduction of the Evora Cup car, which will compete in its own spec series in 2010. Stripped-down and powered-up, the Evora Cup car weighs just 2,645 lbs and features a larger 4.0-liter V6 engine that makes an impressive 395-hp. The race car is built to FIA GT4 specs and will be eligible to run in many international racing series, as well as in the Lotus Evora Cup, which will take place at several racetracks throughout Europe in 2010, with plans to expand the series for 2011 already in place. Lotus is supporting the series with

post-6094-12634375642_thumb.jpg

Edited by ajp33

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Don't the rear wheels look small? not only in this photo but also the one on the other website.

Should be a fun race series, interesting to see the 4.0 litre engine conversion

Chunky Lover

Nice!!

Lets hope some of the 395 BHP finds it way into a road car before too long!

Is the 4L V6 a standard Toytota lump or have they bored out / stroked a 3.5?

Alan

Had an idle look on wikipedia

1GR-FE is a landcruiser engine - 4 litre

2GR-FE is in the Evora, same block, shorter stroke - 3.5 Litre

There is also a

3.5 L 2GR-FZE supercharged Australian Aurion - 241kW. Turnkey, developed blown option

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

From the spec sheet it's a 4litre 2GR-FE.

Probably stroked to 4 liters rather than bored out as the engine is pretty compact to begin with so not much room to work.

wonder if possible and how much to just buy the bigger engine and drop it into a standard car...?

now thats what i'm talking about!!!!

construction and property consultants : My company

Jarno Trulli is helping with the development of this car and I've been invited to join a session at Snetterton this week, expect a full report :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Pics will be up on the main site Thursday PM, watch this space :lol:

PS I'll say hi to Jarno for you :thumbsup::D:wallbash:

Evora NA

Bibs you are a pain for rubbing it in! rolleyes.gif Jealousy is such a horrible trait brought out in me. harhar.gif Looking forward to hearing the gossip.

I'm not even home in October for the Donnington date although that must be shaky with Donnington being unfit to race at present. Lets hope somebody comes forward with the

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Bibs what will be the input of Cosworth in the engine tuning?

I'd like to see more than a branding exercise in this!

Bibs I have my answer !

Two of britain’s most renowned automotive names to become closely associated through a strategic partnership looking at the opportunity to develop high performance engines for Lotus road and race cars The new partnership includes the supply by Cosworth of high performance engines based upon existing Toyota engines for future Lotus cars and the assembly by Cosworth of racing engines for all motorsport activities which are based on Toyota powertrains. The first application of these race engines will be for the V6 engine in the new Lotus Evora Cup racing car.

Dany Bahar CEO of Group Lotus commented, “The ties between Lotus and Cosworth are, of course, already historical ones but our new strategic relationship is based purely on Cosworth’s competencies, brand and race engine development capabilities. This new strategic partnership will align two of the most renowned names in the automotive world and will be of huge benefit for both organisations.”

Tim Routsis, CEO & Managing Director of Cosworth Group said, “I am delighted that the Cosworth name is once again linked to Lotus through this new strategic partnership and these new high performance engines. Our mutual history over many decades resulted in a great number of racing successes and I expect to see further triumphs not only on the racetrack but also in the competitive high performance sportscar market, where Lotus is already acknowledged as a world leader.”

source: lotuscars.co.uk

:lol: Pretty :(

28120_392158429583_713874583_4111255_3033703_n.jpg

Evora NA

Yeah but the Type 124 is prettier and I'D like to see it in racing color, on the track with the enduance kit! It didn't set a tire on track during the Tourist trophy!

What exactly are we looking there Bibs? Is it the final spec of the Evora Cup cars which is much closer to standard than the earlier cars we thought were them, or is it just a publicity car sort of thing for now with basically a mildly tweeked front splitter arrangement, a tail spoiler, rear valance flicks, racing fuel system and a cage?

Nice looking whatever it is although that rear spoiler will be a bugger down at Tesco geting the shopping in the boot although it would get the cap on backwards brigages attention. thumbup.gif

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Clowns car

??? Explain!

Anything that promotes the brand surely in a positive way should be a good thing for us? I'd have thought your own reasonably high profile race series should do that.

I just associate anything with a spoiler that size as a clowns car.

I like my Evora, but I doubt the race series will help me at all. May help Lotus sell more (is that good or bad for me)

Come on, don't you think it looks a bit clownish.

Oh! wink.gif At least on the same wave length as you now Bob even if out of phase. doc.gif My Tesco comment was tongue in cheek as the spoiler is so OTT for the roadand would never be used. Maybe a clown would use it I suppose as most of the Saxo/Punto/Corsa/ST squad are clowns.

As far as a race car having a spoiler like that I see nothing wrong at all and was only expected, but then every other weekend I am home I am at a race track/hillclimb/sprint etc. so am maybe numb to them now I would agree. If they didn't put something like that on the race cars (whether they need the downforce or not) they would be accussed of not producing a proper racing series and it has to not only be good racing but also look the part. That helps the image bit. Same goes for the sound they make. It is expected, needed or not.

I think the series will do us no harm. Not sure if it will help us per se but if it maks it easier to sell ours on later as car is more popular then it has done its job.

That was why I was asking Bibs if he knew what we were looking at. I see on that car they have now removed the standard spoiler which would be interesting to know why. It wasn't removed on the original 124 press shots as it had both. It would also appear to be higher than before. I suspect just too much turbulence and one affecting the other. Maybe even too much downforce and or drag on a relatively underpowered race car. Also the whole front end treatment is different and although they do not look much, the fact the car is covered front and rear with little flick ups like the German DTM series which says something about the aero on this car. Also where have the faired in side scallops gone?

post-7988-127440041615.jpg

Cum'mon Bibs spill the beans.....rolleyes.gif