free hit
counters
So I bought an Apple iPad today. - Page 3 - Technology & Gaming - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

So I bought an Apple iPad today.

Play games?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well you are at work after all! :thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Dave,

Once you've finished your experiment, I'll gladly take the iPad off your hands. :thumbsup:

Wouldn't want you Windows aficionados to be burdened with second rate Apple products :sofa:

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

• 1 month later...
159017845.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1284036058&Signature=ZU8TsZOyUpPBghO9xGS2AoBGsZ8%3D

Evora NA

• 4 months later...

So I now have an iPad.

First stop thelotusforums.com but when I try to reply to a post the keyboard doesn't pop up. I have tried using Safari and the IP.Board App from App store and both are the same.

The IP.Board on my iPhone 3g works fine and the keyboard pops up so I can type a reply.

Anyone have any idea why I don't get the keyboard popping up on my iPad when on the forum.

It works on other websites.

I think the iPad is great especially for emails, surfing the net and Kindle books. not much use as a business tool though for spreadsheets originating from Excel which contain Macros.

I'd image that the keyboard is requested through javascript - is it enabled on the ipad? Perhaps try disabling the Rich Text Editor too, there's a solid chance that might be your problem.

Odd as they are pretty much the same as the iPhone, what works on one should work on the other...

Evora NA

Thanks Bibs.

JavaScript was enabled but I disabled Rich Text Editor in my Forum settings and hey presto, I am typing this on my iPad.

I think perhaps the RTE uses some derivative of flash. All the same, glad it's working now :D

Evora NA

Thanks for the guidance. I also was frustrated that I couldn't comment but turned off RTE and here we are. I love this site. Previous owner of a '65 Lotus Type 30 (a.k.a. Pink Stamp Special - see www.Lotus30.com , '78 Esprit S1 and '91 Élan M100. Still own my '65 Super Seven II 1500 since 1980.

• 1 month later...

iPad 2

I'd love to work in their branding department. They must spend 50 weeks a year doing nothing!

Evora NA

• 2 weeks later...

:huh:

Evora NA

iPad owners, click here.

Evora NA

In the biblical sense? :huh:

Evora NA

I bought 2 on Monday but sold one on eBay for $150 more than I paid so it part paid for the one I kept.

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Picked an iPad 2 up today and immediately had a problem. The laptop (not Apple) and the laptop anti virus (Norton) didn't like the fact (or should I say the iPad didn't like the fact) that I wasn't using an Apple laptop or their own antivirus. I get the impression Apple thinks they are the only Company to exist and that's what they expect people to have bought.

Nice, but why can't things be easier.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Apple products just can't fathom out why people would want to use crappy Windows/Microsoft junk, but some people just won't see the light.

I imagine it's crappy Norton that's the real cause of the problem. Anti-virus isn't really a problem for those of us who have seen the light.

iPad usually works fine with non-Apple hardware although some of the settings may need tweaking

Easiest solution Ian is to buy a MacBookPro and embrace the future :)

Apple Fan Boy

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

for those who "have seen the light"...

http://youtu.be/9BnLbv6QYcA

This is what the rest of the "free" world thinks of Apple products.

why the hell can't I embed a video? The "media" button is missing

Edited by Vulcan Grey

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album