free hit
counters
So I bought an Apple iPad today. - Page 4 - Technology & Gaming - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

So I bought an Apple iPad today.

Apple are cocks. Nuff said.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

why the hell can't I embed a video? The "media" button is missing

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Some software is free, some apps are free, I understand others charge money, I think office 2003 was the last software I paid my hard earned for.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

]thanks Bibs. I did search, and I looked through the help section...

And after only 40 clicks and mouse movements... Here it is (embedded, and without ads)

Oh, and on Android 3.2 stock browser set to desktop, I see no buttons, just a white text window. In the Dolphin browser I see the buttons but can't click on them, and in Android 2.3.3 on my phone, there are no buttons, and I can't click on the window to enter text... IP_Board 3.2.0 is broken...

Edited by Vulcan Grey

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

• 2 weeks later...

It's a strange thing with Apple products I resisted getting an iphone3 because of all the hype but when I actually tried one in a shop I thought to myself this is just simply well thought out and have now had the iphone 4 since it came out and still think its a very good product. As a present for achieving good results in her O levels I decided to buy my daughter a Mac air book and as I was at the Apple stand thought I'd play around with the Ipad2 there are so many things it can do in relation to my business i.e taking photo's of a building survey which I can now take out the SD card from my camera and with the adaptor show the client photos which can be blown up to highlight faults and the like plus I don't need my glasses to browse the internet and send messages. The only thing that puts me off is this continual updating of models like the fact that the ipad3 will be released shortly making your new purchase seem obsolete.

The software updates with the device to a certain point, it's not all bad.

Personally however I went with an Android tablet, the Asus eee Transformer. 16 battery, tonnes of customisation and it plays flash! I went into an Apple store when the iPad first came out, went on the BBC news website and none of the video worked, that sealed the deal I wouldn't buy one.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

And perhaps not so good for older folks. My mom returned hers because she found the typing too frustrating.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

they are much harder to type on than a keyboard. I have the ASUS transformer, but I haven't bought the keyboard for it. I also have the Google Chrome Netbook, but I really prefer the tablet now!

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

I think this could be a very cool solution, which is funded through Kickstarter (here's the project page), but I wonder if Apple won't just roll out their own version with the iPad3...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SdhPHN3zLk

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Once you're used to typing on an iPhone, the iPad is a doddle.

Don't let new models put you off. As Bibs says the new software usually works on existing stuff

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

• 6 months later...

Anyone get the new one today? 70% more battery and retina display plus some more RAM, worth £499?

Evora NA

urm...maybe I did, depends on who is asking harhar.gif

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

Ah did you not hear Adobe are dropping Flash for mobile devices, now favouring HTML5...Steve would have been pleased ;)

http://mashable.com/2011/11/11/flash-mobile-dead-adobe/

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

Any good then? How's Angry Birds on a 10" retina display? :D

Evora NA

Well angry birds is just an iPhone app so it looks pretty shit. Unless there is an iPad version?

I am loving it so far though

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

Isn't Angry Birds HD for the iPad?

Evora NA

Yes it is, just downloaded Angry Birds HD , just to try it you understand :D

iTard :lol:

Evora NA