free hit
counters
S75 LCF just wondered - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
fesuvious

S75 LCF just wondered

I just wondered if anyone knew the wherabouts of S75 LCF, a mustard yellow GT3.

I bought this car from Paul Matty back in 2003 and now that I am kinda looking for an Esprit I just thought id see if my old car is still around. I had some info that it may be in Norfolk.

Obviously would be nice perhaps to purchase my old car back (g/f is sentimental)

Just got me thinking..

She is shown in LEW on the owners pages but that 3-4 years out of date. He no longer owns her, in fact sold her 3-4 years ago. http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EOwners/Donnie%20MacDonald.html

Esprit%20in%20Stornoway.jpg

An unfortunate fascination with Lotus, and proper drivers cars.

All caused by S75 LCF back in 2002, a mustard yellow GT3, and someone on here's got her.....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

she is still taxed, so she has to be out there.....

An unfortunate fascination with Lotus, and proper drivers cars.

All caused by S75 LCF back in 2002, a mustard yellow GT3, and someone on here's got her.....

I recall someone on here buying it after the owner in Scotland, but can't remember who it was. I knew it when it was owned by Chris Sabatinelli in Newcastle (after you, before Donnie)

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

2145973-1.jpg

Advertised on Pistonheads now dude; link

Now all you have to do is rescue her from all the tat that has been added over the years!

Edited by LooseCannon

Great quote from the advert:

"Purchase caused divorce, divorce caused sale"

I thought he would have wanted to come out of this with something, either his wife or car!

Why the V8 front end ?

I know that was for the larger cooling but looks crap on the 4 pot.

Nice to see the plate blocking the radiator too, lol

facebook = [email protected]

'Plate shoul be higher than that Alex. The bottom of the 'plate should be just proud of the plinth and therefore partially covering the bumper.

Edit to add completely unrelated photo:

DSCF3778.jpg

2146313460_3e4f49042c_z.jpg?zz=1

Yes the advert text is short but very telling. This is how it looked in 2003 when it was with it's 2nd owner. Unfortunately he fitted the V8 front and wing which looks so anaemic on the 4 potters. He then started a company selling alloy christmas decorations for Esprit interiors and used his as the showcase :dizzy:

Personally I think it looks lovely and would buy it in a heartbeat.:thumbup:

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Heheh someone did by all accounts, if the car was good 12 grand was a bit of a steal imo regardless of the tiny imperfections.

As for the plate - see G's post but blocking that gob off where the radiator is likely to cause a nice hotspot and problems in the future, in cold climates like shveden then yeah I'd say its a good idea but that plate seriously restricts air flow which aint too useful when gunning it.

Take em all off is what I say !

If it never gets hot enough to have the fans on when driving there isnt anything wrong with its placement, to say it seriously restricts airflow is ... well rubbish. You aint never measured it, there is no evidence to say it has caused or is causing problems. Makes me laugh when people come out with non-evidence based claims.

It's a massive slab of vertical plastic in front of the rad, it can't do anything but restrict airflow. If you used your car in anger on a track I'd imagine you'd see higher engine temps but driving to work and back is fine.

PS Congrats on the new car Trev :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Cheer Bibs,

Can't wait to drive it down to the Kent meet on the..........? Bear in mind I will be away until the 29th October.

Anyone know if seat covers are still available for the bucket seats? If not I will have to get the drivers seat wear repaired but that looks simple enough.

Trevor.

Alex, why all the aggression ?

Laugh all you like, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out that putting a lump of plastic the size of a number plate into the appature for the radiator cooling duct will reduce air flow - its elementry physics.

You're physically stopping or restricting the air hitting a certain part of the radiator - you might as well also say there's no point in unblocking parts of the radiator on service intervals....thats essentially what the plate is doing.

It's not unfounded, it's not rubbish, it's common (uncommon ?) sense.

The duct was was made large along with a large radiator for a reason. Reducing CSA by nearly 50% reduces air flow, simple as - fine the car might not overheat on day to day driving but for a mid engine sports car I'd want maximum cooling as possible and let the thermostat do the rest.

The thing that would concern me is the hot spot on the rad, becuase air is not evenly flowing onto the fins / element you get an area which is hotter or expands more than the rest of the aluminium / copper in the core and 'Crack' which is exactly what happened to mine after the radiator got blocked by debris. Hotter radiators also fail from excessive matal fatiuge as they exand and contract.

But....wtf do I know :lol:

I dont really give a 2p toss what people do with their cars just making an observation.

Leave it as it is, bung a pillow up there for all I care :)

Trev, perhaps you can show it off the the person I was trying to get to buy it then :D

Well done - hope it's a good un.

Hi Jon :wub:,

wasnt being aggessive at all, funny how people imagine things are written and then put an imaginary voice over it. I do it all the time like everyone else when I shouldnt. I should use a liberal splattering of lol, :gathering: and :rolleyes: and :thumbsup: next time.

I just think that on occasions people over analyse something and create worry where there is no cause to. I bet if I can be arsed to look I there might be less crud in my rad :yes:. As we dont know why the hole was made so big it might have just been like that for style and 50% over engineered for cooling effect.:smoke: Who knows, I dont let it worry me :santa:. Hot spots or not I think the wet and winter salt that causes the damage and the crud blocking the rad up.

thats the last of my rad and how big is my hole discussion. (oooh er missus!)

Next time I come down I will buy you a drink to get our bromance back on track. LOL only joking.:hrhr:

And to qoute you back wtf do I know, i have the mechanical knowledge of a well trained monkey :blink:.

Back to the topic, I hope who ever bought the yellow car has fun with it what ever camoflage has been added.

Alex

Edited by Alex --GT3--

so which one will we be seeing at the ace next week

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Pete,

Although I will be away for the next meet I do have a plan whereby the car may be there. That's if Sparky can lower his standards and drive a fuel injected car with his most hated seats. Perhaps the colour will tip the balance?

Trevor.