free hit
counters
Front seat adjusters - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Beady

Front seat adjusters

Just noticed that the front seats have adjusters very low down right up against the centre console.

I assume they are to adjust the recline position ?

has anyone been able to reach them? seems impossible to me.

construction and property consultants : My company

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I seem to remember adjusting these in the show car at donnington and didn't have too much of a problem from what I vaguely recall..

Are the seats in the wrong sides as I'm sure the adjusters should be on the outside???

Don't quote me, I've been known to be wrong!

Chunky Lover

My drivers seat recline sdjuster is outboard right at the hinge pin level where you would expect. From memory it is triangular or similar as I was trying to adjust last time home (Still offshore now) to hear the wind noise from door seal when driving and couldn't as the seat belt goes right over it when fitted. Okay before you drive off. I was playing with driving position as being a short ar$e I find wheel too close when pedals are correct. Yes, with wheel as far away as poss.

I suppose one way of telling if seats are reversed would be the tilt mechanisim lever on the backrest should be outboard as well.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

That's how I remember it Al...

I'm even more positive your seats have been put on the wrong sides...!

From the photos I've seen on the web it does look like the adjuster should be fitted to the same side as the back release.

If your adjuster is on the tunnel side and your back release in on the door side I wonder if they got built wrong at the Recaro factory and then Lotus have fitted the seats with the release accessable but then obscuring the back adjuster without realising?

Heres your seat dimensions if your ever interested

Sportster-CS_02.jpg

Heres a pic of the adjuster and release on the same side, although these seats are extensively used throughout other manufacturers and in the aftermarket and I'm guessing are infinately customisable!

sportster006.jpg

Chunky Lover

If you have a look properly you will see that the recline ajuster is on both sides of the seat. Have to say how disappointed i am to read that you would ever consider that the lotus staff would fit the seats the wrong way round.

Andrew

Why would you be dissappointed? :shock:

Lotus Employ humans, mistakes happen.

Not being privilidged with having an Evora parked in my garage I was just trying to make a few reasonably logical suggestions to others who are experiencing issues and did a bit of fishing on the internet for info hence my posts.

The suggestion of Recaro supplying the seats a little mixed up is also perfectly reasonable as they also employ humans.

The fact you have one, and can state for a fact that the adjuster is on both sides is comforting to know but naturally I assumed that the other owners would have looked both sides to check. If this is not the case then that shows that they are also human and make mistakes, and the fact that I made an assumption also makes me human and thus vunerable to the odd mistake.

Lotus are great at what they do, but no ones perfect..... :)

Chunky Lover

ok so i am a muppet.

there is an adjuster on both sides of the seat.

In my defence, the one on the outside seems to be covered up by the natural position of the seat belt

Doh!

construction and property consultants : My company