free hit
counters
Proposed New "Essex/Herts/Cambs Group" - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Freeman

Proposed New "Essex/Herts/Cambs Group"

Hello LOTUS fans,

The AEG area is current in discussion about where and when they should meet, the area they cover is to be honest large, and despite their best efforts it is difficult to organise a meeting venues which would be a sensible travel distance for all. The group have kindly tried to arrange meeting places on a rotational basis so that all that wish to can attend regularly.

Bibs has pointed out that there could be room for a group around the Essex area, thus allowing the AEG to meet further into Norfolk which would better suit those such as Kimbers, Andy, Chris etc. I think they should do this, it is a good group and should not spread its self to the point it fails to meet.

The suggestion is a new group "Essex Group" this would cover possibly areas such as Essex, Suffolk, East Herts, Cambridge (other suggestions please) it could be either weekdays meets, weekends ora combination. We could join in with the AEG to attend their events/ runs to the seaside, making a bigger group and they could attend ours.

So if you have an interest in a new group and would like to be an active member then I would be happy to propose myself as a possible coordinator for this new group.

Please give your honest opinions, what this space.

Dave

Edited by Backmarker

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Dave

I would be interested in this. Not sure how often i could get to the meets though and also depends on the distance still but being Essex im sure it would be much easier. Albeit i wont have my Esprit roadworthy for a few years yet to bring along.

If you plan on incorporating those areas you'll need a name other than 'Essex Group', it's sends the wrong signals otherwise. Also, remember AEG struggled as they cast their net too wide, don't be too ambitious just yet so Suffolk can stay with AEG so they are Norfolk & Suffolk.

How about 'TLF Essex, Herts and Cambs' for now.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Yes, agreed. Probably need to give it week or so to see who is interested. The reason for some what of a wide cast is just to pick up those who are on the borders.

Not sure how many interested members would make it worthwhile, possibly around 10 - 12 allowing for a percentage not attending each meeting. corum of 8 would be good.

Dave

Think you need to welcome your smaller and larger sisters to join in to. The days of an Esprit only group is, I think, over.

We need to be looking at TLF groups now and move forward with the progression of the Forums themselves.

Look at Sparkys breakfast run, a good mix of cars and more people involved.

Its all good, spread the love Dave :(

Chunky Lover

Good point Simon, taken on board, it was not meant to exlude, just the excitment coming out.

Dave

An ESSEX group? Wow fantastic idea Dave but there are only 5 on the road, might be a bit of a small gathering.. :(

Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick :)

Agree with the TLF Essex itle. If you call it just Essex group you may end up with lots of long legged blonde female's in white stiletoes turning up.... Now we wouldnt want that would we.............rolleyes.gif

Where do I sign up?

Yes - good idea all round, I think. And a 3rd region that I fall into!

Smaller area, but a much wider spread of cars makes for a lot of interest. :(

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Certainly. It should attract people who are a bit too distant to make it to the AEG or SLEG meets, and don't fancy trekking into London.

Agree on the white stiletoes but have no problem with long legged blonde females :(

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

I'm in with you Dave.

As well as AEG (or TLF Norfolk/Suffolk) and London and Kent.

Just couldn't make The Ace tonight but don't go every month, have to juggle family/football/Lotus all the time but tend to manage OK!

Dave.

Well it looks like there is some interest, shall we start a list.............................

1, Dave eds

2. Sparky

3. Dave Freeman

4. Neal

5. Bazza

6. WAYWEB911

7. Barrie

Edited by Dave Freeman

You should probably take both Bazza and Barrie off the list as they are the same person and I'd imagine he is chipping in because he has a lovely Essex Esprit, rather than he lives in Essex.

1, Dave Eds

2. Sparky

3. Dave Freeman

4. Neal

5. WAYNEB911

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Dave

Would be interested, but so far I am falling nicely in the middle of all these discussions. Work in London, live in Suffolk, to far to go to get to Norfolk and probably the same to get back into Essex especially if I want to take the Lotus. Looks like I'm stuffed, but lets see what develops

Cheers

Ralph

1, Dave Eds

2. Sparky

3. Dave Freeman

4. Neal

5. WAYNEB911

6. Paul Baxter (espr

7 Pete

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Happy to come out to play.

Am near Hertford which seems to be as close to Essex as you can get without actually being there (phew!)

1, Dave Eds

2. Sparky

3. Dave Freeman

4. Neal

5. WAYNEB911

6. Paul Baxter (esprit S2)

7 Pete

8. Beady (Evora)

construction and property consultants : My company

Excellent news we have I think ........ almost enough to make a group, we will give it another week and then perhaps your ideas for when we could, events, teaming up with other (AEG) groups. This could be the start of something most excellent dudes......................

Dave

Hi Pete, any news of the heater, its cold in the garage.

Hope all is wel, sorry we did not have time to talk when you called in,

Best regards

Dave

Edited by Dave Freeman

This could be your inaugural event...

Evora NA

Hi Bibs, yes this could be the one, some of the guy's will be with me at the "pull my engine weekend - this week end. So an ideal time to make the suggestion. Going to make this a fun filled year, and I will want to arrange some more Tecnical weekends" visits to see our bretherin in Sunny Norfolk, hope to tag with them on a regular basis.

Just need to align our name with the forum, any further thoughts on that.

Dave

Dave

just got back from skiing should be able to pick up tomorrow . what time you home?

Edited by Bibs

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Just need to align our name with the forum, any further thoughts on that.

How about just a simple TLF Essex & Herts or to keep yourselves under the AEG Banner perhaps you could have West Anglia & East Anglia group as it seems that's where the line goes between the two proposed groups.

Being as though there would be crossovers between the two groups perhaps it would be best to keep all the meet arrangements in the AEG section and if everyone's agreeable just title the threads WA & EA (or whatever you decide) .... respectively? Just food for thought.

Hi all. sorry this group has been a bit slow taking off but given the circumstances with the passing of my dad I am sure you will understand. I will be suggesting a couple of possible dates to act as our inargural meeting so keep an eye on this section. If anyone has any suggestions then please send me a pm or on this topic.

I will be speaking to Chris from AEG to get some initail hoons underway, so we can join them and also some visits our way that they could join us. I want to arrange possibly a number of regular events so you all have time to plan. These would be fixed but interspersed with locally arranged activities, ie short notice.

Looking forward to this, ideas for events most welcome. Looking for our first in about 3 weeks time.

Take care all

Dave

Well there's Elveden tomorrow mate if you can get that lump in today!!!!!

I've also got details of the alternative to the Porsche BBQ we did last year - it's a Sunday in June at Hylands Park, Chelmsford.

Dave.

Hi Dave, yes sounds good I thinks I will start looking at what others have set up as well so we can get one group meeting up another then on for hoon.

We also need to look at what evenings we want to meet on and where.

Oh, and tomorrows too soon, I am fast but not that fast.

Dave

Sign in to follow this