free hit
counters
2001 Lotus Elise Racetech in red (10,500GBP) - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

2001 Lotus Elise Racetech in red (10,500GBP)

The time has come for me to get something more practical so my Elise is up for sale. I have owned this car for nearly two years now and it has been amazing! sad to see it go. The details:- 12 months MOT- Tax until April 2010- 68,000 miles- Full Service history, Expensive C service (with cam belt) completed- Full Alignment check and adjust- New rear toe link ball joints (common problem for these to start creaking because they are so close to the exhaust system)- 2 new front Bridegstone Potenza RE040 (standard fit) tyres fitted 3 months ago- New Pagid RS42 front pads fitted 2 months ago (one of the best pads for the Elises)- Rear mesh which surrounds the exhaust exits have been refurbished and look like new- Head Gasket failed over xmas 2009. This been fixed professionally with receipts to prove.The car is completely standard with the following modifications:- Janspeed exhaust (looks the same as standard but with nicer sound)- Induction Kit- Short shift gear linkage with uprated bushes which improved the feel of the gear change- Headunit- Slotted front brake disks.As can be seen from the pictures the car is in very good condition considering the mileage it has covered. Much of this mileage was done by me since I travel to the north east quite regularly. I would like to stress that this car does not feel like it has done 68k miles, it is still tight, the engine is strong and there are none of the rattles and squeaks one might expect with an over 50k miles Elise. The bad points are:- Centre console is marked and has a crack in it. This is a replaceable part which costs £80 from Lotus- Small wear mark on the seat bolster- A few stone chips on the front, rear quarters in front of rear wheels and wing mirrors.The car is based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, however, I travel up to Washington in the North East quite often on weekends so a viewing can be arranged there. Any questions please feel free to call or email me, I will be happy to provide extra pictures/info if required.

View the full article

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic