free hit
counters
New Elise Owner! - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

New Elise Owner!

Mister_C

Well I finally went out and got myself one of the most enjoyable cars to drive :lol: I originally came on here a while back looking for info on purchasing an Esprit. But after lots of comparing I think an Elise is the car for me. Ended up getting one from Texas and it's being shipped up here to Ontario. The Dealer that acted as the broker is going to keep it in their showroom for me till Spring. I can't wait for it to arrive so I can go look at it for the first time in person :)

It's an 05 Saffron Yellow with Sport and Touring Packages and has the hard top.

Here are a few pics from the dealer:

post-5177-126439111373_thumb.jpg

post-5177-126439116369_thumb.jpg

post-5177-126439118371_thumb.jpg

I have one question I hope somebody can answer for me. In the sport pack I believe that adds traction control (correct me if I am wrong). Is there an on/off switch for it? I test drove an sport Elise last year and don't remember there being one. But that was last year and wasn't really looking for it :cheers:

Thanks in advance for the help! Looking forward to meeting some fellow Elise owners in the area come spring.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to the forum, Colin. Car looks great in yellow, doesn't it.

Good of the dealer to offer to keep it in his showroom until the weather is good enough for you to drive it properly. I suppose what he gets out of it is more people looking in his showroom.

Happy motoring.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Welcome to the forum, Colin. Car looks great in yellow, doesn't it.

Good of the dealer to offer to keep it in his showroom until the weather is good enough for you to drive it properly. I suppose what he gets out of it is more people looking in his showroom.

Happy motoring.

Thanks! Yes Yellow was my number one pick. So I was very happy to find one with the stuff I wanted on it for the right price :lol: It's a Toyota/Lexus dealership so I'm sure it will bring people into the showroom. I know I will be visiting it a lot until the spring haha.

Edited by Mister_C

Welcome to the joys of Lotus ownership mate. I can confirm the traction control button next to the gear lever, I have one on my Exige S which has the sport pack. I have to say that when you turn it off you can do lots of fun things.....tho be careful because they tend to "Snap" and she's away from you.

Bibs and Myself did a course at Lotus and they taught us how to drift....best fun EVER!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Never mind. I guess I'm not the newest Elise owner...

After a very frustrating morning I found out that I cannot import a U.S. Elise to Canada. And all the ones up here are way overpriced. The cheapest one I can find right now is $46,000 + tax!

Anybody have any input on the import issue? Seems hopeless :lol:

:lol:

Bad news. I'm surprised the dealer wasn't aware at least.

We've a Canadian section on here, some of the guys in there may be experienced in importing cars.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/75-canada/

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.