free hit
counters
This forum is not the forum it use to be - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

This forum is not the forum it use to be

Toua

I remember way back then..when this forum was just starting up and everyone got a long together. Now everyone is like bashing everyone and telling other members to get out *cough cough Tiegan * anyways I know everyone here has their own opinions. Some things they might say may be stupid or good; however, we cannot just complain about that person. I use to come here a lot, and I learnd a lot about my favorite car. Many thanks to all the wonderful knowledgable members, it's nice to know other people feel the same about the Esprit as me.

So that all said, I'll leave it to Master P for he know's it well when he says,

"Look at all these haters surrounding me every day

hatin on a baller but they can't stop my pay

stop all the hatin I can't take it no more

Im just tryin to get mine you best get yours so what you hatin

for"

There was a thread that told me to STFU.. well I dont want to mention the name of who started it but you know who you are so STFU! -- stop hating because you dont have a Honda Civic Hatch!

Edited by Toua

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being one to take too much pleasure in drama...

As for Teigan... I'm not going to say anything about what I personally would have done about him, I think the mods and admin on this forum do a great job so I won't play armchair quarterback (or... armchair Cricket Bowler or whatever they would call it in England :P)

Seriously I think Teigan was basically pulling a joke on all of us and we all fell for it. We were part of his little social experiment. Paul said we should shut up about him. I agree.

He's smirking his ass off that we're still talking about him, the likely situation.

But where else have you seen widespread hostility?

Sorry... I think I missed the thread you're talking about (the deleted one I presume?)

...but once again I appreciate the fact that this forum is well moderated, having been on some not so well moderated forums. Sh!t, they've even had to keep me at bay at times :) We all need to be told when we've crossed the line, and I think to some people here toua, you're a habitual line crosser as Charlie Murphy would say :)

Toua, I'll personally say it's great having you around here... You've provoked interesting conversation :( but you're a bit hit or miss in terms of uhh... let's focus on topic creation for now:lol: I don't think that the fact that some people may not appreciate that is necessarily a recent phenomena. We all need to tread carefully at times.

This forum seems accepting enough to me. More than most. Much more.

I get a good vibe from this place. People here are friendly and helpful. I've met three people personally now (sorry to brag to you more isolated folk) and I would need to brag because they're all great guys. And people everywhere can get impatient at times. There are several other forums (lotus related and non lotus related) that I've vacated when they lost the good vibe this forum has.

But I think I'll be sticking around. I think threads like this detract a bit from the vibe though :P

Anyone else a satisfied customer? This is free after all, we should be :(

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

The forum has grown by a thousand people since you joined, Toua so it's becaome more likely that there will be people who disagree with others just by the law of averages. Having said that, I can't say I've noticed a rise in the hostility levels. I don't remember seeing the thread to which you refer and think there's no need for that sort of attitude. If you are writing rubbish, which we all do from time to time, then others have the right ot point that out but there are ways to do it and ways not to. They way you describe is not acceptable and, if the moderators have deleted it, that's good. I am normally on here most days and never see anything which is so bad, so I think the moderators have it under control.

I still think this is an excellent forum. I like the way it's organised. I like the way it's run. And there's no regular contributor I don't like. Everyone is generally pretty positive and keeps themselves under control. I was in the Yahoo mailing group for a while but couldn't cope.. I got a string of mails covering a variety of topics and trying to follow a given thread was sheer hard work. With the separated topics, sub-forums and search facility, Bibs has made it super easy for us and, to him, we all owe a big thank you.

Thanks, Bibs. Long may LEF rule.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I've met three people personally now (sorry to brag to you more isolated folk) and I would need to brag because they're all great guys.

slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

B) ahhh well thanks slade (im assuming im one of the three).

I agree about this forum. Im fairly new and I dont think it bad here. At least the people here are fairly knowledgeable. I enjoy this forum and im glad that i have recently become more active. Im sure you toua, owning a civic, know how it can get on some of those message boards. at least we dont have a constant influx of posers asking the same stupid questions.

LONG LIVE THE LOTUS ESPRIT FORUM AND BIBS!!!

shah

My Beautiful Car http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...CODE=12&CID=182

ribbon200.gifProud to be a G-car ownerribbon200.gif

Toua,

Don't hate the playas, hate the game :) Stick around buddy, I find you're posts entertaining .............

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Mmm. Not aware of what happened with Teigan? However, in response, I do not post nearly as often as I used too. I do pop in every day though and have been a member since the early days. I dont agree with all thats said, but hey ho, its a great forum and has become more diverse as the population has grown.

You will however always get someone who wants to load the gun, and get others to shoot it. The mods do a great job and invest far more time than i could conceive or even manage I for one count myself priveleged to be a member and extend my thanks to the numerous people who have sought to give their guidance and valued advice/opinion in times of need. Thankyou all

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Sometimes the reason for a thread being deleted will not be clear, if the moderation is working properly then one of us will have deleted it before too many see it. Likewise, if someone is asked to leave, there is a high chance that the posts that caused this are not there anymore. If the moderators have done their job then there should be no evidence. If we left all the offensive stuff up so everyone got a chance to read it, then it might make more sense as to why we later mod it... But the forum would not be a better place for it (in my view).

I think the forum is much better now :P

We have members from all over the world visiting here and talking about a wide range of interesting subjects.

And I love the humour! :):(

I dont know what his problem is or was, but the last straw for me was when he insulted a new (and valued)forum member , he had no manners or respect for anyone IMO. :)

Toua, I will talk to you anytime, but it really isnt worth the effort of you sticking up for him as Im sure he wouldnt give a toss about you mate. :(

325px-YOUNG_ONES.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Personally I wouldn't worry about it Toua - you're (as in everyone) always going to get a clash of personality in life, the best thing is you don't raise or lower yourself to it, it's sometimes hard but always better in the long run.

That doesn't mean you should always ignore critisism / nasty comments because what some people say is sometimes valid even if it comes across as rude.

Speaking of which where has teigan gone ? LOL :)

I always likene'd him to Fraiser from Dad's army "we're all dooooooomed" :)

Anyways, I think there are very few people on here that care whether or not you own an Esprit (some do, some even have a issue over it - its true) or drive a civic (when I was your age I had a shitty little Fiesta) - so try not to take it too hard on the chin.

facebook = [email protected]

Stop hating because you dont have a Honda Civic Hatch!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have my Esprit and a Civic 3 door which I lease from work so I can see both points of view. I'm sure I'll be doing more miles in the Civic than the Lotus.

Besides, you're a penniless student with expensive girlfriends to maintain. I don't think anyone should expect you to have a supercar as well.

However, no matter how quick your hot hatch is, it's no substitute for a mid-engined motor. That's why we enjoy your enthusiasm for the marque because you've seen the light. So when it comes to Lotus STFU does apply if it means "Seems Terrificly Fast Usually." :)

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

When it comes to Lotus,

STFU =

Sure Thing For Unreliability

Sadly Tragic Fixxer Upper

Stalls Trying For Uphill

Still The Fastest Underwater :o

. . . .

EDIT -

By the way, as a lurker-turned-noob, I think this forum is great!

Toua, since I have a spare Esprit, I got 'ya covered for not having one yet! :)

Edited by Tony K

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

It is said that you can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time; but you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

Moderating a public forum with a large and diverse membership is no different. Over time, the forum has evolved to give as many people interested in Lotus and the Esprit a place to voice their opinions and needs.

Recently, the Forum underwent a re-organisation and new sections were introduced to allow for a more variable usage by our membership. At times, it is difficult to cator for every type of person and feedback is most appreciated in order to continue the successful progression of this community.

However, to promote an air of co-operation and constructive interaction between all members, there need to be rules and guidelines. In the spirit of a free and open forum, these are kept as simple and as modest as they can be. None of the current recomendations for behaviour are far from what would be generally considered appropriate and acceptable in any normal social environment.

On the rare occasion when an individual makes a transgression, by accident or intentionally, he or she is given fair warning and every opportunity to address the matter with the moderators, and an explanation is always given. If they then choose not to respect the codes and repeatedly offend, the option to exclude the member may be exercised as the last resort.

This is only ever carried out in the interests of the whole community and to maintain the integrity of the Forum, and is a decision never taken lightly by the moderators.

...and is a decision never taken lightly by the moderators.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gotta stress that!

I'm in this for the cars, and for the large group of friends i have

met through the cars. Thankfully 99% of the Mod 'work' is putting

stuff in the right section, mending (or adding) links to posts, fixing

quotes, deleting multiple posts, fixing pictures, merging posts about

the same thing etc, etc...

:)

Removing something someone has said, is to me the same as showing

them the hand and saying 'shut up'. And as such, i would give it as much

consideration as i would do if they were stood in front of me.

Over a thousand people here.

On a building site at work with only 30 people from different trades, there

will be an argument every day, foul language, people telling each other where

to go (and myself telling plumbers they are somewhere between the mouse and

the cat in the big scheme of things). However, the job gets finished, house gets

built, and everyday we sit down for a brew together. However, if we wrote down

all the little things that were said and pinned them to the wall, then...

:o