free hit
counters
ELM 327 Device compatability with 1996 MO V8 - ECU/OBDII - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

ELM 327 Device compatability with 1996 MO V8

Guest modifiedv8engines

Guest modifiedv8engines

Hi All,

Anyone purchase done of those ELM 327 devices and managed to get the thing working ?

Been buggering about in almost sub zero temps trying to get the device to be recognised by my laptop. Tried both the passenger footwell route and the O/S rear engine compartment data ports ..........dead as dead thing. Power light comes on the device but thats it.

Supplied software scantool version 1.3 advises - no device found. Changed port to com port 1, then 2 and so on ..........nothing.

Probably missing something hear but assume this device is compatable with 1996 MY V8 ? Or is there something else or some other reason for this ?

Any info from someone whos been there and done it or mananged to get something useful on the laptop creen would be good

Cheers and thanks in advance

Paul

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest modifiedv8engines

Many Thanks for your responses

Managed to get the ELM 327 working on my Esprit V8 today but seem to have a fault with the engine bay data port. The other one under the dash works okay so it appears the ELM 327 interface device works okay with 1996/1997 MY vehicles. For those who are interested purchased from Amazon under the company name of BV Electronics. Arrived in 2 Days and comes complete with cables to hook up to your data ports and laptop USB.

Reasonably straightforward to configure ( well at least once you find the correct COM port !)

Next step is to install Peters Esprit_V8 ODB11 software for some more detailed diagnostics.

Cheers

Paul

• 3 months later...

I have just bought ELM327 from Gendan. It worked straight out of the box on '97 V8.

To start using it I had to install the supplied device driver then the main software before connecting it to the car.

It does however not see all the sensors that the shop manual says are installed................

Hi Jeremy,

What sensors can't you access?

Regards,

Peter.

I have just bought ELM327 from Gendan. It worked straight out of the box on '97 V8.

To start using it I had to install the supplied device driver then the main software before connecting it to the car.

It does however not see all the sensors that the shop manual says are installed................