free hit
counters
Sport350 Weight - Sport 350 Technical - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Sport350 Weight

Bibs

For reference I drove Sport350 number 007 onto the FIA approved weighbridge at Brands Hatch today.

With a full boot and 1/2 tank of fuel the figure was 1,302kgs. I'm going to empty the boot and fuel tanks (what a chore :thumbsup:) this week and pop up there again with the car as light as I can get it and will update this topic but it's a good 'mid laden' figure for now. :no

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a lot down on 1,380KG on the wiki, about 1 mid sized passenger !

I dunno how much extra fuel you need, say 30 litres, thats ~ 22kg ? it hink they deem a kerb weight with full levels (inc full fuel) but without passengers.

Let me know when you go up (any time except Tuesday morning) and we'll take the sub 1 ton GT3 as well :thumbsup:

Dying to see how much that weighs.

facebook = [email protected]

Helium in the tyres?

I'm pinning your GT3 at 1,250kgs...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It's certainly got aircon and a spare tyre. What else shall I check for?

Evora NA

Lots?

Evora NA

Personally I'd blame it on the Stawberry beer

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

semi-race , or with speakers & radio.... .

brand of tyres...

stock seats, or aftermarket..

type of battery...

ad ons in the engine bay (chargecooler, blow-off valves , etc.)...

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

It's as it came out of the factory, perfectly original. Let's call it an 'average' Sport350.

Evora NA

Now I am home just checked an original sales leaflet for the 350.

I would say that the main weight bearing options would have been the aircon. Interesting that 007 has a spare since they weren't shipped from the factory with spares (there is nowhere to put a rear wheel!)

So to achieve the weight you did with the aircon fitted is pretty good.

The sales leaflet quotes an unladen weight of 1300kg. (in fact it actually quoes the unladden weight - whatever that is! Yes the sales leaflet has a typo!!!!)

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Unladen is usually the weight for a vehicle without anything inside, a dry weight - just the vehicle as it were to leave the production line, usually no liquids.

Kerb wieght is defined as the car ready to go for the longest possible drive on 1 tank, minus people - so this includes maximum fuel, screenwash, enigne oil, coolant etc.

Although having seen it specified on lots of differnet cars it means different things to different authors of the info !

facebook = [email protected]

innocent.gif

Err, yup, no spare wheel! :thumbsup:

Evora NA

Interesting Bibs, well ive just been telling people mines 1300kg from brochure. One would hope its lighter than std V8s for sure, im so interested to see how No.7 goes. Mines also got Air con. No spare tire and no add on mods in the engine bay. Love to get mine weighed now I have cleaned the entire underneath hehe!!

350.gifNo.23

...Interesting that 007 has a spare since they weren't shipped from the factory with spares (there is nowhere to put a rear wheel!)

you should choose to fit the '285' V8 wheel than... :no

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

it was the car only for the sport300/sport350 covering in the octane-mag... right !?

So its borrowed, not 'owned'..

Thanks Gunter, I've been looking for an official spokesperson as it appears I do struggle to answer my own questions! :)

Allan - I used Sport350 #007 some time ago after it's owner gave use permission to use the car in a direct test between the 300 and 350 - See here

Since then, Ken, who owns the car struggles to find time to drive and and his S1 as he lives in central London and works 5,000,000 hours a week so has asked me to care for the car, we have a large, warm and carpetted garage and it's the not first Esprit I've driven. He's also saving a significant lump of cash on central London parking and the car is getting used. When I picked it up in early Feb, there was a newspaper from October on the passenger sear so that's why I currently have 2 Esprits :whistle:

There are plenty more great pics of the car here...

http://s150.photobuc...300%20vs%20350/

Evora NA

:) ...now I feel that I'm always the bad guy -or what ? There was a picture of that car in the *Random pictures*, parked in your driveway some time ago. And the same question was on discussion -but not answered in time.

So that's why I wrote: '..it was the car only for the sport300/sport350 covering in the octane-mag... right !?

So its borrowed, not 'owned'.....'

you have the wheels, so why do you not repaint your car in silver. Add an carbon wing and the later '98 dash/interiour ... there are other cars out there in the global Esprit scene, with recreated interiour and S350 detailings

Bibs, note you say no spare wheel not "no spare tyre", as I may have questioned how the diet was going. :rolleyes:

That's quite a light car, once you allow for how cars gain weight during their production life due to legislation changes, extra items added to give benefits to sell a new one over the old one etc. I wonder how much lighter they would have been if it had been another material instead of fibreglass, say CF or Kevlar, I guess a fair bit lighter but several times the price.