free hit
counters
I bet that's expensive... - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

hub.jpg

Look at the mullering on the left, thats supposed to be the INSIDE of the bush supports. Everyone whinging and bitching about how long my car's taking etc etc - would have been fun if this broke at 120mph, which is the reason why I'm doing it.

There are so many old hammer witness marks on this part it's little wonder it cracked when they tried taking the stud off. And people wonder why I do my own maintenance :)

I bet it's expensive to replace :o

SJ's are going to be happy on Monday !

New bearing as well or simply knock it out ?

facebook = [email protected]

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's a milage issue - the car's 9 years old and I doubt it has ever been cleaned. I took it on myself to sort this out and whilst I'm at it do some engineering work on the car.

The lower pin stud had seized in the hub so much it broke coming out (yes it did have to come off to replace the lower link bush) the other side was OK but this side broke.

You can see where the previous garage has beaten the crap out of it before trying to get it off (bottom left) I'm not suprised it cracked tbh - cast stuff is tough but brittle esp when you hammer it !

The guys who had a look at it reakoned it was the stud holding the thing together, the moment the stud was lose - crack !

As I say I'm not too bothered, it was just for sharing some info, as beofre I'd rather this have happened now than on the motorway !

This is what happens if you don't look after the car, or equally if you start taking them appart :)

Edited by Jonathan

facebook = [email protected]