free hit
counters
Planned maintenance - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Planned maintenance

Some computer stuff will happen on Sunday to our big computer in the sky. Please don't text and email, it's planned and won't take long. Ta :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 8 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And again, midnight on Sunday for 30 mins. Annual database table optimisation on the server :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

This was done but it's not sped the server up much. Am I being paranoid or is the site still a little sluggish for everyone?

Evora NA

There are so many other factors for me including rubbish PCs, poor local broadband speeds, IT security at work etc etc it's really hard to tell. It's certainly not the slowest site though.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

My end is fine too (ooh err missus).

Given that I am on one of the fastest networks in the UK (the academic network) then I can eliminate most networks issues that people face.

Speed seems fine to me.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Seems ok for me in Aus Bibs.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• 4 weeks later...

Few more bits to be done to speed things up, don't panic if you see smoke over the next couple of days. :)

For those of you who want to know, we're moving onto a new server

1 x 3005 | HP DL120 Dual Core G6950 (2x2.8Ghz) 4GB RAM 2x250GB SATA RAID1

This should be £336/month but I've negotiated some discounts with our hosts, UKFast but you can guess from the price that it's pretty sweet as far as servers go. It's a brand new, latest generation HP Proliant G6 with fast drives (sata rather than current scsi) and has 4 times as much RAM and 4 times the HDD space of the machine we're currently on. Should speed the forum up tenfold :)

Evora NA

All done, the DNS is just updating now. If you can read this and the forum is online, your DNS is update already so carry on as normal. If you've just joined us after a delay, I hope you enjoyed the puppies :)

There are a few minor tweaks but the server move went without incident so we should just be as before but better :)

Evora NA

"...and 4 times the HDD space of the machine we're currently on."

Does this mean I no longer have to resize my "that's bigger than the earth" 5MP mobile phone pics? Just kidding......:sofa:

Thanks for taking the time to upgrade an already outstanding site, Bibs.:thumbsup:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

We've had a chap working on optimising the server so that the Apache, mySQL and other thing, erm, PHP all work as well as they can and the server's resources are used up. He's doing a spanking job, it's about 20 times faster than this time yesterday and he's not finished yet! :D

Evora NA

Ta :D

If you look at the bottom right of each page there's the page generation times, this page took 0.07 seconds whereas last week it was somewhere between 1.6 and 2.1 seconds. Huge improvement in terms of usability, I'm very pleased.

Evora NA

• 2 months later...

From our hosting company...

We are emailing to inform you of a planned upgrade to thecore infrastructure within the data centre that houses your current solution.The upgrade is scheduled to take place on the 3rd of Feb 2011 at 0200 hours GMT(2am).

The scheduled work has the potential to cause a smallwindow of network instability that will last for no more than 60 seconds

If there are any services that you would like ourengineers to monitor, during the scheduled work or once it has been completed,please let us know and we will be happy to include this in our maintenanceplan.

To ensure that the maintenance change is done with asminimal impact as possible, we will also have system and network engineersmonitoring our infrastructure throughout. If you notice any issues as a resultof the changes being made, please contact our support team via your normalmethods.

:lol:

If anyone texts or calls to say the forum is broke, I'll bop you on the nose!

Evora NA

Errr what does it say mate?

I never see any text in quote boxes only Emoticons :question:

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

IPB don't support non-standard skins. That can't be helped unless someone on here is a PHP/CSS developer and wants to help.

Evora NA

Thanks Pilko. Your workaround err ............. works :thumbsup:

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007