free hit
counters
Toyota concept car designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Toyota concept car designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro

sbarc

My apologies if this has been posted already.

Here's the link to more pics and an article. It's called the 2004 Toyota Alessandro Volta. There were 2 of these made...a red one that appears to be bodyshell with wheels and smoked glass windows to hide the lack of interior. The silver one has a full interior......but I seriously doubt they bothered with a drive train...hard to say. Toyota has a huge hole in it's product line when it comes to any serious sportscar. I don't consider the celica to be a serious sports car.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2004-Toyo...lta-Concept.htm

If you click on the letters at the top of the webpage you can see thousands of car photos including many concept cars.

2004-Toyota-Alessandro-Volta-Concept-Rendering-FA-Woman-1024x768.jpg

2004-Toyota-Alessandro-Volta-Concept-FA-Gravel-1024x768.jpg

Edited by sbarc

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang.... no that looks nice. Too bad she doesn't smile.

And the car looks great too by the way.

Joey

Spencer WV

Found my Esprit, but due to family issues, money went to other things :(

I guess I just have to wait for a while.

They had the substructure on display adjacent to the car at the Detroit Auto Show (NAIAS). It has adjustable seat configruation so that it can be a two- or three-seater, and the steering column/instruments/pedals can be shifted between left-, center-, and right-hand drive. Very clever!

And it looks way better in person than in photographs. After seeing it in the flesh, I must say, the G-man still has the touch.

Why Toyota had it tucked away in the basement of the show and not front and center of their display is beyond me.

- Tony

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

I'll give the chick two thumbs up, and the car two thumbs down - looks good from the front, but blah from other angles ....

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

The front looks awesome I thought a cross between a Countach and a Gallardo...

then I saw the back and just thought Civic! :angry:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

*Moved to Motoring 'cos it's about cars*

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I never liked it. not a fan of the sidewindows. Too wavy looking, and they need frames. The ass is a bit bulky from the side view, and those intakes look awful IMO... But I think the rear view wayne posted is the best.

As I recall this is the one with the constant RPM gas engine that fed electricity to a bunch of electric motors?

Sorry, I like my cars angular for the most part. Hence the Esprit :P

Not a fan of the girl either. She's... too angular :P

slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Ugh. The front looks like some sort of anime insect. The bizarre rise in the beltline right at mid-window looks like someone's arm got jarred during the initial draft and it never got corrected.

I'd rather take the bus.

-Dave

All Cows Eat Grass