free hit
counters
S4 Freescan plug? - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
iang

S4 Freescan plug?

My S4 sometimes ticks over at 1500 to 2000 RPM.

I have been informed I need Freescan software, to reset somthing or the other?

I now have the software, and have purchased the lead.

Where do I plug it in? And what do I reset?

Any ideas guys?

If you know, could you take me through step by step, I tend to bugger things up when on a computer.......!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

one connector in the boot on the rh side near the small fusebox,one under the glove box, look under the ecu freescan section pretty sure this is on there somewhere

Edited by mr.oogieboogie

It's Oogies turn to boogie

There are two plugs, front and read.

Rear is located where the solenoids etc are.

Front is under the dash, but be careful that there is also an ABS plug just like it,so go for the engine compartment one.

The problem is often the IAC valve (Idle Air Control), it gets out of alignment with where it believes it is, but it's worth checking through the ECU with freescan to make sure there is nothing else.

Do you have the exhaust back pressure valve fitted (between the cat pipe and the silence pipe)? If not you may find you still have the throttle jack still fitted that is designed to increase throttle setting to overcome the increased back pressure in the exhaust (there to warm up the cat more quickly). If you want to remove it you need to blank off the pipe that runs to it.

Andy

If the problem is only occurring sometimes then I doubt that you need to reset the IAC. Is it that the rpm's are hanging at 1500 - 2000 then dropping to normal idle speed (assuming a warm engine) or do they stay elevated? If they are staying elevated, does blipping the throttle cause them to drop?

There are two plugs, front and read.

Rear is located where the solenoids etc are.

Front is under the dash, but be careful that there is also an ABS plug just like it,so go for the engine compartment one.

The problem is often the IAC valve (Idle Air Control), it gets out of alignment with where it believes it is, but it's worth checking through the ECU with freescan to make sure there is nothing else.

Do you have the exhaust back pressure valve fitted (between the cat pipe and the silence pipe)? If not you may find you still have the throttle jack still fitted that is designed to increase throttle setting to overcome the increased back pressure in the exhaust (there to warm up the cat more quickly). If you want to remove it you need to blank off the pipe that runs to it.

Andy

Hi Andy,

The exhaust back pressure valve has been removed.

I had a stainless exhaust fitted, and the old back pressure valve had siezed up.

The pipe has been blanked off........!

If the problem is only occurring sometimes then I doubt that you need to reset the IAC. Is it that the rpm's are hanging at 1500 - 2000 then dropping to normal idle speed (assuming a warm engine) or do they stay elevated? If they are staying elevated, does blipping the throttle cause them to drop?

I'm afraid blipping the throttle does not effect the tickover.

I can get it to tickover at a normal RPM by turning off the ignition, and starting her back up again..........???

I'm afraid blipping the throttle does not effect the tickover.

I can get it to tickover at a normal RPM by turning off the ignition, and starting her back up again..........???

"Hi Andy,

I had a stainless exhaust fitted, and the old back pressure valve had siezed up.

The pipe has been blanked off........!"

Is that the throttle jack capsule pipe, or the pipe to the EBPV?

Edited by andydclements

"Hi Andy,

The pipe has been blanked off........!"

Is that the throttle jack capsule pipe, or the pipe to the EBPV?

This is exactly the problem I had. Sometimes when I started up, it would race up to 3,000 rpm. If I turned it off and waited about 10 seconds, and then tried again, it would usually settle at 1,000rpm. My EBPV had been removed, so I just had to disconnect and blank off the throttle jack capsule. Sorted.