free hit
counters
Lotus Elise S2 Sports Tourer (11,999GBP) - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pistonheads

Lotus Elise S2 Sports Tourer (11,999GBP)

2001 Lotus Elise S2 Sports Tourer in metallic silver with professionally fitted vinyl stripes (dark grey with a red pinstripe which I have seen on no other Elise to date) and a red leather interior. I bought the car from Bell and Colvill and I am only the second owner. The first owner put the first 30k miles on the car and I have put another 30k miles on it as my daily driver since ownership resulting in a total of ~60k miles on the clock. The car has a full service history, driving it every day to work has resulted in regular servicing, all of which has been undertaken by Bell and Colvill (Lotus main dealer) or Back on Track (Lotus approved garage). The car had a check up in November where Back on Track gave the engine a once over to ensure that everything was ticking over well, they found no issues. I have a folder full to the brim with paperwork detailing everything. The car had head gasket failure in my first year of ownership (approx 38k miles on the clock), this was fixed under Bell and Colvill's used car warranty so it should not go again. I have had no problems since and always warm the car up for 10 miles before driving at anything like what the car was made for. The car has the 6 spoke Rimstock black alloy wheels that were an optional extra on this model, short shift gear stick, poly gear bushes for a better gear change, upgraded HID lights (HUGE improvement over the standard lights), aftermarket stainless steel exhaust (Bell and Colvill Sports Exhaust), Hurricane induction kit (standard airbox included in sale), de-cat (standard cat included in sale), 3 part rear diffuser (111s style), charcoal grey stripes with a red pinstripe, black badges (front badge and wheel centre caps), raised rear LOTUS lettering and a harness bar already fitted should you wish to add harnesses. All of these bits have been added by myself over and above the standard spec of the car and hopefully go some way to demonstrating just how much time, money and care has been spent on my car. For references, feel free to ask my wife-to-be!The car has the usual stone chips you would expect of a 2001 car but is in very good condition generally, it is garaged every night. I will be very sad to see it go but its time for a change.The time has come for me to part company with my pride and joy! I've owned the car for a shade under two years and loved every second of ownership, so much so that I'll be replacing this car with another Elise! I'm a very active member of SELOC.I'm not interested in a part-ex unless you have a 111r (Sport Racer ideally, I'd be willing to discuss a deal) as that's what I'll be in the market for next.The personalised number plate will be put on retention and the car will go back to its original plate for sale.Test drives welcome but I would naturally like to see your driving license/proof of insurance first!Summary:Full service historySoft top in great conditionBlack alloy wheelsMetallic silver paintGrey vinyl stripes with a red pinstripe, unique as far as I know!HID light upgradeDriving lampsFront mud flapsAlarm and immobiliserFull carpet set2 level passenger footrest4 speakers/single CD radio stereoDrilled brake disksFull red leather trim (seats and door cards)Short shift gear stick/poly gear bushesBell and Colvill stainless steel exhaustDe-cat (standard cat included in sale)Hurricane induction kit (standard airbox included in sale)3 part 111s style rear diffuserHarness bar

View the full article

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.