free hit
counters
Porsche Owners Section - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Simon350S

Porsche Owners Section

Does anyone do a "one car" that ticks all the boxes?

I have had a lot of comments from the guys at work to get rid of all three of my cars and just get one "stonking" (their words) car, but I don't think there is something that fits the bill:

- Something comfy during the week

- Something that is fast and sporty at weekends

- Something I can get stuff in when I want to go to the tip

- Something reliable (OK debatable on what I already own!)

- Something that is going to get noticed

Thought about a 911 (OK the trip to the tip is out) but they just don't float my boat, but you can't deny as an everyday prospect they take some beating for that kind of car.

Still wouldn't have one though.......although as a 37 year old myself the V neck jumpers started to creep into my life last year.

All I see in the photo is a BMW parked over a yellow line:)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thats exactly the issue Neil, there is no such thing as the 'perfect car' as everyone has different desires. Unfortunatly unless I come into a substancial amount of money some time soon my next car purchase will be a compromise!

How do you combine all these?

NM58SHA.jpg

10319_318283_0_0.jpg

DSC03108light.jpg

SP_A1017.jpg

Its going to be a difficult decision to make! I hope I don't have to!

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

- Something comfy during the week

- Something that is fast and sporty at weekends

- Something I can get stuff in when I want to go to the tip

- Something reliable (OK debatable on what I already own!)

- Something that is going to get noticed

Mine would be a Mitsubishi EVO

The Esprit just has too much character, YES I HATE IT sometimes - I've often though of selling it but for some really odd and strange reason I love it to bits...its a car of the heart, not of the head.

facebook = [email protected]

I can't believe I'll say this, but if I Absolutely HAVE to have a porker there's only one choice and thats a GT3 RS lightweight. Only one that even grounds my boat on a sandbank, still doesn't get to float it.

My guilty secret? I've hankered after a Monaro V8 for a while and been looking at the VR-8.....how sad am I!!

As for Porkers, I don't seriously believe that anyone on this site has such a hatred of charisma and style to buy one.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

LOL Very nice Paul! :)

Theres not much about for those wanting to be 'Different' whilst maintaining a good deal of performance and power, transporting 2 x children or friends, good boot space with half decent off road capabilities for those 'god were stuck in again' moments, and can tow a decent weight.

2007-land-rover-defender-90.jpg

There is always an option.

It's just so much easier to go german though, everyone else does after all, and it marks you out as an individual by having exactly the same.

Get a dark grey/blue or silver one though. as there are not that many about.

:(

If you're gonna do Land Rover, go the whole hog and go 60th Anni SVX.....you know what? It actually does it for me!!

svx.jpg

Alternatively go BMW at least BMW are......erm.....are.....erm....nop, nothing positive to say, sorry.

..........oh! Wait! They are........nope, it's gone again.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

BMW? Aren't they the company which stopped Land Rover from going tits up? Aren't they the company which made my Range Rover the most reliable RR yet and the car which went on to be Car of the Decade?

Thanks BMW. thumbsup.gif

then we should have a BMW section

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Lol, don't you love how far off topic our posts go! We've gone from Porker, hairdressers and Vauxhall, to Land Rover, and now BMW! :)

BMW? Aren't they the company which made my Range Rover the most reliable RR yet and the car which went on to be Car of the Decade?

Thanks BMW. thumbsup.gif

And a bit before 'saving' us and they put the engines in these and sent quite a few RR engined machines burning into the sea:

FockeWulfFW190_468x377.jpg

Yeah, Thanks BMW

thumbsup.gif

Boy, you really like BMW don't you paul! :)

After finding out who it is with a Porker and he used a long word on me on Facebook, I officially retract my statement (While secretly I still hate them).

I do find it a little strange how the Cayenne can be classed as common, maybe thats just down to where we live. I hardly see any of them around here, but were not posh snooty folk here ya know! Turbo model is 455BHP standard and drives like a car on road apparently..... Chip & exhaust = 550BHP

Landrovers are like 2 a penny, maybe cause this is Welsh farmer world, and I do really like them, I just don't think I could ever have a daily drive that was quite that slow and having to stop to turn corners just wouldn't cut it!

Theres a lovelry Safari'd up one in the garage at the bottom of the hill, snorkel, roof storage roll bars stuffs, looks very new, only the other day I was saying to Lisa that I fancied going and buying it instead of the shogun.... Unfortunately someone in their infinite wisdom decided it'd look better minus front wings and wheels.... Still looks cool though and I recon I'td be a good price! cool.gif If I were working it'd be my next project! :)

Just seen this..... Don't think I'll ever need this level of wading capabilitites!

landroverAW1709_468x311.jpg

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

Were those 'planes around in 1970? If they weren't there's no way they'd be shooting down anything to do with Range Rovers, infact Land Rover itself didn't start until 1948. Hitler however, did use the services of one Ferdinand Porsche for a short while. Porsche made a handful of really, really crap tanks for the war effort.

So, tanks a lot Porsche. wacko.gif

Thread full circle - YES! hrhr.gif

I do agree that their stying department does require a little more in the way of inspired elegance!

All of their products are well thought out though and work. The 911 seats 4 adults, a little cramped maybe, but its does seat them. The Evora fails at this in my opinion, which will rule out a huge number of potental customers.

They just don't cater for the family man and thats a huge void they need to fill to fully compete in the market in which they seem to be aiming for.

The Evora fails by about 4" in length and 2" in height.... Thats a real shame.... So close yet so far away!

Chunky Lover

A BLASPHEMER !

blasph.jpg

Having said that though - how many car or the year awards did the 911 4 win ?

Evora was a bit disappointing but looking at the car layout tbh I wouldn't want 4 seats in it now, besides its a 2+2 really not a 4 seater - it's mid engine great handing sports car.

If they'd have gone the porsche route (sure pilko can photoshop for us !) it would have been a diluted wet flannel and compramised in all areas - at least with the Evora they compramised on the seating an that was all, by trying to please all the crowd you end up pleasing none of them - given the cash I kow what I would buy any day.

facebook = [email protected]

It was a short word you noblet. Just had a long meaning :)

And anyhoo. I do not believe this post was about moi?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Simon, why not 'go and buy a used VW' -instead of the equal Porsche?

Chose the V6 engined car, an chip it up... . The Chayene is only labeled as a Porsche, the basics are simple VW. Of course, the Porsche version do have the more powerfull engines -but who cares about in daily use ?!

Oh, by the way -Bibs ...*www.LotusBuzz* seems to have some 'other cars' categories, and it works for them :)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Well, I have just purchased a 996 having sold the Elise and the Ducati. Nice everday motah. Plus I can minimise the use on the poor ol Esprit. smile.gif

Edited by rocket63

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg