free hit
counters
Porsche Owners Section - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Simon350S

Porsche Owners Section

So what's the thoughts on having a Porsche owners section so those owners of either both Lotus and Porsche, or those that have moved on from the Lotus marque to the Porsche brotherhood can chat about their new purchases and share techy info? :P

Seems there may be a market for such and a possibly expanding market!

Porsche forums are a little snooty it seems.....

Chunky Lover

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

OK, many Lotus owners are drivers only but there is a heavy weighting on maintainance and hands on restoration here.

With some obvious exceptions, I dont think many Porsche owners like getting their hands dirty. Or am I unfairly biased?

Does this even matter in terms of appreciation?

What has brought this on by the way?

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Someone has - 'bout time he fessed up on here!

Dave.

Bet it's a Boxter too...

Is it the standard model with this fitted?

Hairdressing_Scissors_Pouch_Holster.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Nope, not a boxster :P

I'd wierdly like a Porshe, I'd always said I'd NEVER buy one! But strangely one model ticks all my boxes. I'll never tell what one though as you'll all laugh! :cheers:

Chunky Lover

Louise didn't want a Boxster as her next (current) car. Said it was too girly.

With some obvious exceptions, I dont think many Porsche owners like getting their hands dirty. Or am I unfairly biased?

Guessing that could be pointed at me. As a former Porker owner and restorer full on hands man! Still visit the Porsche forum from time to time. Bit clicky i have to say but still a good community there. Customisation is not taken as easy by most but if done correctly there not to bad. So long as the car looks good at the end.

There is a fair fe hands on people on there especially with the older cars like mine was.

Lotus foums only an Porsche only forums i think are best to keep vehicles seperate but maybe a section called my other ride or something?

Oh and have to agree if its a boxster... "You big girl" deffinately a hairdressers car!

So here is some hands on Pork work.......... (Oh and sorry for hi jacking Simon)rolleyes.gif

1.jpg

2.jpg

engine_before.jpg

10.jpg

56.jpg

46.jpg

72.jpg

bodyshop2007.jpg

bodyshopjune07012.jpg

porsche007.jpg

porsche009.jpg

porsche012.jpg

bothecards001.jpg

IMGP2098.jpg

IMGP2101.jpg

IMGP2079.jpg

IMGP2092.jpg

IMGP2093.jpg

IMGP2091.jpg

Hands on enough! Bet your all wondering how the Esprit will turn out now.

^ ^ ^ Thats 1 Porsche I would love to own !

That old classic 911 shape is the :P esp the way you've done it. I like the old fast back ones too.

Thing is the person who owns that is an enthusiast, the person who seeks a 909 / 910 etc today is a baseball cap wearing image friek standing around at parties trying to impress someone with the fact his sensors, have sensors checking them - and the thing has 600 windscreen wiper parking positions.

facebook = [email protected]

I'm not anti-Porsche, I had a 3.2 Carrera for a while, but don't see the need for a Porsche section. We could start to go alog those lines and end up as a general chat forum with sub-sections for just about everything, from Lada Nivas to nesting habitats of the Great Crested Grebe.

I wasn't fussed either way with the bringing all models in to what was LEF, but agree it was logical to do so, especially as several were already represented by other forums that Bibs runs, but to start widening it ot other marques seems a step too far (or too far now).

I think the original topic is a way to introduce a former Elise owner as now a Porsche owner and don't think it's a serious request.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Haha, Paul in a German car?

You're more likely to see this first...

hell-freezes-over.jpg

Evora NA

I'd always said I'd NEVER buy one! But strangely one model ticks all my boxes. I'll never tell what one though as you'll all laugh! :cheers:

It's that big gay tank one right?

Haha, Paul in a German car?

Ha! you are so right. :P

I'm only 37, I'm simply not ready to be that average.

Maybe when i retire, take up golf, wear V neck jumpers, become a member of a monthly wine club and take pride in my kitchen worktops?

Maybe then i'll be ready. That is unless Senility and Dementia beat me to the jelly like 'german car buying' bit of the human brain that i currently use for storing excess apathy.

:popo:

Big gay tank! :)

Yep, to be fair you don't see that many (if you close your eyes), here's a couple parked in a carpark anywhere.

rsz_parkinglot.jpg

Nice mix of bland and average german machinery there, real class act 'stand out from the crowd' stuff. I can make you a poster of the above if you like and you can stick it on your wall mate. Personally i don't see what 'prestige' you can feel by being so commonplace, but to some the above scene is something to admire.

All i see is the spare parking place.

:(

That's a bit fowl guys!

Dave.

LOL Very nice Paul! :(

Theres not much about for those wanting to be 'Different' whilst maintaining a good deal of performance and power, transporting 2 x children or friends, good boot space with half decent off road capabilities for those 'god were stuck in again' moments, and can tow a decent weight.

Lotus just don't do anything to tick all them boxes, even the basic 4 seat option is not catered for in my eyes with Lotus which is a big shame. When Lisa knocked herself out at Donington trying to get in the back of the Evora it pretty much put that car out of the running for ever!

One day I'll have to be a 'one car does it all' man and compromise on exactly what I want in life as toys will most probably not be an option any more.... :)

I'm not decided, have no money at present and am far away from a final decision, but appart from a Range Rover, what are the options?

Oh, and the Porsche owners section was a little tounge in cheak, but if I got one, one day, and no longer owned a Lotus of any kind, I'd like to still be here! :)

Chunky Lover