free hit
counters
"A" pillar trim (chrome plastic) - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

"A" pillar trim (chrome plastic)

Looking for hints, suggestions and parts to replace the rapidly degrading plastic chrome trim that runs up the A pillar and stops at the door on the roof.

1983 Esprit turbo

Thanks,

Jeff in Ca

Edited by trackmagic

www.espritturbo.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Jeff

Replaced mine with a black rubber profile as suggested by Troy Halliday elsewhere on the forum. Did this on mine and made a big improvement. Have a look at his home page and you'll see the results :P

Maybe do a quick topic search for a few months back.

Best way to describe the profile, is it's the same type of stuff you'd use on an old VW Beetle between the front and rear wings and the body.

Need any more info, let me know - Mark

Replaced my knackered chrome trim with Truck Door Edge Guard (in black) :(

Its also available in chrome if you want that OEM look.

You need the truck stuff instead of the car stuff as it comes in longer lenths to accomodate the larger doors .

Looks nice installed (on the Esprit roof rail):P

Dont put it on the edge of your Esprit doors :)

You can get it from Autozone, Kragen , Pep Boys, Canadian Tire etc(cheap) :P

door_edgeguards.jpg

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Replaced my knackered chrome trim with Truck Door Edge Guard (in black) :P

You need the truck stuff instead of the car stuff as it comes in longer lenths to accomodate the larger doors .

You can get it from Autozone, Kragen , Pep Boys, Canadian Tire etc(cheap) :(

door_edgeguards.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can buy an entire roll of it for the same price at an auto body supply store. :P I even found one that is almost as slight/slender as the stuff on the Esprit!

- Tony

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Replaced my knackered chrome trim with Truck Door Edge Guard (in black) :(

Looks nice installed (on the Esprit roof rail):P

Dont put it on the edge of your Esprit doors :)

You can get it from Autozone, Kragen , Pep Boys, Canadian Tire etc(cheap) :P

door_edgeguards.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey thats a good idea... Gotta look into that

Shah

My Beautiful Car http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...CODE=12&CID=182

ribbon200.gifProud to be a G-car ownerribbon200.gif

replaced mine last year got them from sj sportcars,its just a case of drilling out the pop rivets and pulling of the a post panel! make sure you get the rivets from sjs aswell because from memory i think there two kinds of rivets you need to fit!

once the a post panel is off, then you need to drill the silver finisher rivets out!

replace the finisher ( these are sided ) so dont fit the drivers side to the passenger! :P i remeber you have to trim a bit off i nearly buggered it up myself :P and remeber to use silicne sealent to cover all pop rivets to prevent water leaks,then run a long line of clear silicone from one end of the a post panel to the other then replace it and refit the panel making sure to clip the silver finsher under the a post panel as you push it on! not such a bad job but be carefull while drilling out the rivets as one slip with the drill can leave some nasty marks, also if your lucky like me somebody had replaced the quarter glass at the back and had bonded the window over three rivets :( so i had to take this out aswell! the main thing is take your time its simple remove and replace :P

regards dan :)

A

Hi Jeff

Replaced mine with a black rubber profile as suggested by Troy Halliday elsewhere on the forum. Did this on mine and made a big improvement. Have a look at his home page and you'll see the results :lol:

Maybe do a quick topic search for a few months back.

Best way to describe the profile, is it's the same type of stuff you'd use on an old VW Beetle between the front and rear wings and the body.

Need any more info, let me know - Mark

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

www.espritturbo.com