free hit
counters
Driver Door Lock Solenoid - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bcoupeesprit

Driver Door Lock Solenoid

Hello all,

I am looking for some information on what I believe is called a driver door lock solenoid.

My driver door does not lock anymore but my passenger side does. For the last few months it made a straining, struggling sound to lock the door and it would be successful at doing so...but now simply does nothing and makes no locking sound at all.

So now even though the car is "locked" I can open the driver door (but not the passenger door) and of course the alarm goes off, haha

Any advice on what I may need (I think just a solenoid) to once again have a locking door using the keyfob?

Brian

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

cars with the OPEL/GM doorhandles have Opel/GM doorlocks, and therefore the related parts sources.

In the workshop-book you will find notes about the setup & deadlock switches -so firstly try to test that inside the rod arangement is not misplaced/blocked.

removing of the doortrim is easy, just undo the inner handle, both screws on the underside of the trim and the inner door-lock handle. under the door-trim you will find black plastc covers, with plastic screws. For more reference see LEW section (tech-mods) too... .

But as a quick tast: try to set all in neutral (by following the lock/unlock descriptions on the small owners handbook). in most cases the door lock was confused by a grab on the handle of one door to fast (prior to disengange door lock/alarm) -after that the doors open mostly on one side only, or where confused with the handsender lock/unlock signal and neutral/armed/disarmed positions..

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..