free hit
counters
March Meet - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Buddsy

March Meet

Right come on guys are we gonna do this or not?! :harhar:

Im suggesting we meet one evening in March at The Larling Angel for a pint and a chat. Day will be mainly dependant on Kimbers. If you are up for it Kimbers say so now and we can arange a day . If not then we could still keep it to a Tues.

Am I gonna be all alone? :P Im sure I wont lol

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Buddsy

I'll keep you company..!

Lets make it the second Tuesday, which is 9th March, at 8pm.

If anybody else wants to join us, they know where we are!

We can then work out a plan for future months. If its just the two of us, we'll go to the cinema in April.

If its just the two of us, we'll go to the cinema in April.

wub.gif

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Oh mrs Robinson!!!! At least Im not going to be all alone. I was just waiting to see if Kimbers would be up for it as I dont think he can make a Tuesday? It would be good to sort out a day soon though then we can get this new show on the road!

Buddsy

Buddsy

Unlikely, it is out of range for me. I have to be in Dagenham that day, have a presentation to do on some new engine technology to the Engineering Director. I might get lucky and finish early, but Larling is the wrong side of Thetford if I dont.

Do they do FOOD?

Cheers

Ralph

Ralph as I have said before I am really sorry you will find it harder to attend but hope you will make any you can!

Ive never been to the Angel should we check with them its ok to come and have a meet with them?

Andy of course you and Guy should come along...you will make a lovely couple :) hahahaha :stuart:

Buddsy

I cant do Tuesday the 9th can we arange a different day?

Kimbers can you make this meet?

Paul, Richard or Owen?

Buddsy

Thanks Guy, would love to try the Ales sometime but I always have to drive. Not sure the two would mix

Buddsy

It would be easier to make the Dog at Norton, would have more chance of attending, besides what is the point of this group being referred to as Norfolk and Suffolk when there are no meets in Suffolk.

Cheers

Ralph

Larling Angel are accustomed to large parties turning up .. though if you want to eat on the same night that the Canaries supporters turn up then you may be in for a long wait.

Loads of parking space etc., they have many car clubs using their facilities and are a favourite with racers leaving Snetterton etc.

Since it is only 4 miles from my door I really ought to be able to put in an appearance .. assuming it isn't when I'm away in Budapest (Mar 10-12) or Prague (Mar 15-19).

Keep off the straight and narrow

Ralph the one thing we have got sorted is the location the Larling Angel just need to sort an evening.

Kimbers said he would be up for comming but "Monday and Thursday are most difficult with a Tuesday and Wednesday nights spent in High Wycombe once every 2-3 weeks. So if it falls on the particular week in the month I am away then that is where the problem lies."

So I guess we have to pick a Tuesday or Wednesday, I think we should rule out a Friday as its the weekend and people will want to relax after work etc.

Has anybody got any input as I can make any other than Tues 9th

Buddsy

Buddsy

Funny how it is always in Norfolk. Perhaps Bibs needs to change the AEG title yet again to the Norfolk only branch.

Cheers

Ralph

Thought the Norfolk group was a Norfolk group?gathering.gif

Buddsy

Not acording to the title used on this forum. It clearly states East Anglian Group which when opened states Norfolk and Suffolk. Are you saying that this group is now Norfolk only, if not how will Suffolk be included.

Cheers

Ralph

Buddsy, Ralph is right in that this is the East Anglia Group not just Norfolk.

Ralph any member can organise a meet where or when they like the forum gives you the perfect medium to arrange it. If you can't get to this meet try organising an event closer to home and see if there is any interest.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Cliff

Thanks,and you are right that anyone could organise a meet. Based on the old attendances at AEG I think I was the only one from Suffolk. Perhaps there are some others around in Suffolk that might want to meet up if so would they let me know.

Cheers

Ralph

I dont know about Suffolk but if the meeting is held every month in Norfolk what does that mean? If its close to the border I guess it will serv folk from Suffolk but it will still be Norfolk. Does it matter if it were called Norfolk Lotus Group? Doesnt bother me what its called, I would just go to what ever meet was closer. Like wise I would expect any body who wanted to come along would be very warmly welcomed.

Buddsy

Surely the name of the group is intended to reflect the catchment area, not the location of the meeting place??

I think people are getting far too wound up about this whole affair!

We are just a collection of people with a common passion who happened to meet via logging onto the same website.

LEF was a medium for introduction and communication which allows us to arrange events etc.

I'm sorry that you feel alienated Ralph but the simple fact is that your geographical location and your work schedule/base make attendance at any centralised Norfolk/Suffolk venue difficult.

The majority of current attendees are based down the A11 corridor and since this is within relatively easy reach of a large proportion of the area it makes sense to find a venue in this neck of the woods.

My personal opinion was somewhere down the A140 corridor to encourage those from the east coast area, but whether it be Diss or Larling, anyone from Hunstanton or Cromer will have an equally long distance to travel (regardless of the name we give it).

I don't wish to keep banging on about the 7 club but it is a well proven model.

About 10 years ago a couple who had been travelling all the way from Cambridge to the Norfolk/Suffolk meetings decided to arrange a one off meeting in Cambridge (that had previously not had a meeting). Due to the turn out they made it a regular event and now they attract more people per month than we do .. because they have a greater density of population and also wealth demographics are in favour of those who might afford a 7/Esprit/toy car.

Most 7 owners from the Linton/Haverhill area attend the Cambs meeting because of it's convenience - doesn't stop them attending the Norfolk/Suffolk meeting too if they have the time and inclination, there are no hard and fast boundaries.

Ralph, I would suggest you encourage the formation of a Cambridge group which would make life far easier for yourself and you will probably find that there are any number of other Cambs based owners/enthusiasts who would be only too happy to meet up but have been reluctant to get involved previously because of similar location problems to yourself.

I feel that to take the Norfolk/Suffolk meeting any further west or south would be detrimental to anyone living on the north or east coast who have no alternative possibilities.

• Like 1

Keep off the straight and narrow

Monday 8th March so that Nifty can make it?

Larling Angel as the venue for further discussion on future location, catchment area, etc.

• Like 1

Good man Andy alway good to have a Lotus at a Lotus meeting!!

Buddsythumbsup.gif

Normally can't do a Monday but I will try and get out of it, though while it's snowing like today the bumble bee will stay warmly tucked up in the garage.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)