free hit
counters
Getting in and out of my car - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kimbers

Getting in and out of my car

Ok, so I know I have harped on about the fact that it's easy to get in and out of my car.....

I went round my mother in Laws to get the Exige out and take her for a run (WHich was great btw) and stupidly decided that instead of moving her Renault I would simply start the car up to warm up, open the door the little I could swing both legs up whilst holding on to the roof and slot in! Simples!

She started fine (with me reaching in) then I took hold of the roof swung both legs up and..........ah......I'm stuck!

Wiggle about a bit lift my right leg up a little.....aaaannnndddd.....I hit the windscreen wipe and wash....straight in my face!

With a sqeek and a shout of "Ahhhh my eyes" (that washer fluid stings!) I stupidly let go of the roof and ended up as a tangled mess on the floor.

What made it worse? Wendy was secretly standing behind me and though she forgot to photo it she immediately posted it up on Facebook, much to the delight of my friends.

Motto? Don't forget that if you can't open the door wide enough, just don't try and get in!

If you have had a similar experience please feel free to post below and it won't make me feel so stupid!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There was another recent update she posted on facebook which seems to have disappeared! Lucky I've got a screenshot ready for failbook.com :P

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

So let me get this right. Your legs fitted in ok, but problems started when you tried getting your belly through the door?

harhar.gifwub.gif

Pictures !! We want to see pictures..!

or is this just something to get interested in joining facebook ?!

..and I would slightly mention the Dunston car park scene :harhar:

Just take it as it is -the winter was long , we all needed decent calorie inputs to keep us warm. After such a long time everyone could imagine that the flexibility of the body structure suffered on all this ...at least, it was just YOU -and not your car :) around

:stuart:

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I'm having a hard time envisioning just what happened from your description, could you please re-enact the procedure with video and photo documentation... :)

1995 S4s

The only thing I have had so far is parking my car at B&Q and not being able to get out of the car. As the door wouldn't open far enought for me to get out. I think it was there spaces where so small it was sized on the Model T. "Yer if we take off 6" from everyone we can get one more space in."

But Kimber's I would of loved to of seen that on a clip.

Edited by Petrol feet driven

sig.jpg

So Kimbers, the comments about me struggling to get in yours when you first came round to show it off are forgotten?

Oh, Pilko, I'm not sure if the issue started sooner than the belly, I'd guess it started at his arse.

Arse to you Mr Clements!

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

If you have had a similar experience please feel free to post below and it won't make me feel so stupid!

Don't feel too stupid Kimbers. I've done it from an Evora.

2 Saturdays ago pulled into a petrol station at about 23:00 on the way home from friends. Pump to my right. Plonker to the left was well over and looked the sort that wouldn't care about opening door onto my passengers side so I stayed well over close to pump. I opened drivers door and pump was blocking it from fully opening and rather than start up and move forward 0.5m I decided to still get out. Slid seat back turned to swing myself out and realised a diesel puddle under car so halted right hand on sill and turned round almost facing down contemplating how best to avoid it when I think one shoe caught in other trouser leg and I started to fall out of car. Left hand, left knee and left shoulder down right into the diesel and feet still caught in footwell. Wife thought I'd had heart attach so screamed. Door made a lovely bang off hollow pump casing and I looked like a drunk falling out of a sports car. People behind in queue started looking worried but then were laughing. I was a) stinking and b) embarrassed. Took a bow to assembled watchers. We laughed about it all the way home accompanied by the lovely smell of diesel from my trouser knee. It has only been brought up oh say about 15 times so far.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009