free hit
counters
260 mph!!!! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL I have a movie file of an R1 doing 190 on the clock, thinking he's doing well. All of the sudden a 'busa under cuts him like a missile (very close) - easily capping 240mph. Nuts in a car net alone a bike, these guys are crazy or immensly brave.

facebook = [email protected]

Under 4 secs ?

The ones in the UK are WELL under 4 secs (2.7 is the record iirc).

If I had the money, I'd stick one in a plain looking 7 and have some fun at the traffic lights grand prix - not sure if ANYTHING road legal with 4 wheels will beat that. I also know of someone who put one into a Messerschmitt bubble car as well with sub 4 second results.

facebook = [email protected]

260mph on a sport bike is a little too crazy for my blood. Im actually currently looking to pick up an R6 or GSXR600 within the next few weeks...

Shah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I too was also looking or a Suzuki; however, the gf doesn't like such crazy things like bikes. It's to dangerous she says, which is true!

gsxr600.jpg

Edited by Toua
I too was also looking or a Suzuki; however, the gf doesn't like such crazy things like bikes.  It's to dangerous she says, which is true!

gsxr600.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah but you dont have to listen to her until she gets that ring... then things change. Mine says the same but it sure wouldnt stop me from getting it...

Shah

My Beautiful Car http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...CODE=12&CID=182

ribbon200.gifProud to be a G-car ownerribbon200.gif

yeah but you dont have to listen to her until she gets that ring... then things change. Mine says the same but it sure wouldnt stop me from getting it...

Shah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah but if i dont then she and me are OVER.. i dont know.. if a bike is worth throwing something that keeps you warm at night.

yeah but if i dont then she and me are OVER.. i dont know.. if a bike is worth throwing something that keeps you warm at night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

a bike can keep you warm at night.... just stand by the exhaust :lol: ...

i love this bike...

yzf-r6_main.jpg

Shah

yzf-r6_main.jpg

Was off to buy a CBR600RR but I think I may have just changed my mind!  B) Although the CBR is eminently more affordable!!

Life is so confusing!!!!  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This isnt personal but I just hate with pure passion anyone who has never riden a bike that says "Always wanted a bike but I know full darn well I would kill myself on one"

If I had a pound for everytime I hear that. Well Ive 28 bikes and ever one I have tired to see what the very top end is and hold it there, and no once did I think, umm best kill myself today. As for 260mph, bring it on, would much rather do that speed on a bike than a car, infact I think I know I could just get on a bike with normal clothes on and do that speed without a second thought, as could any over 900cc biker.

As for getting a CBR600, dont bother, so boring, Its great for the first 50 miles but then you find out the bikes doing everything and its like being on an automatic. Buy yourself a GPz900r for about 800quid and learn what a mans bike is. Then get a tuned gsxr1100 for about 2k, you will be happy.

As for getting a CBR600, dont bother, so boring, Its great for the first 50 miles but then you find out the bikes doing everything and its like being on an automatic. Buy yourself a GPz900r for about 800quid and learn what a mans bike is. Then get a tuned gsxr1100 for about 2k, you will be happy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

unless you are a somewhat experienced rider, a 600 is fine. i think any more is overkill until you build up the skills quite a bit. bikes are great fun but you sure can do a lot more damage to yourself on a bike than most other things.

shah

post-498-1140071933.jpgHi

Love superbikes!

That's why I sell them.

A CBR 600 RR is more than enough for a start. Only a few riders I know (me excluded) will be faster around a track on a 1000cc.

At 165 mph things happen fast. When you can handle that you can move up to a 185 mph CBR 1000 RR that will spit you off when you lose respect for one second.

Some of my stock:

post-498-1140071933.jpg

post-498-1140072086.jpg

Hi Duncan

As your in the trade you may well be the one to give me tips on insurance.

Almost 30 now with no claims or convictions, full bike licence since I was 18 but not had a bike insured for about 6 years now so no no claims discount applicable, and garaged./alarmed etc...

Got a quote online from bennets today and it was about

Chunky Lover

Hi Duncan.

Another question for you. Got a ZX6 looking to trade in sometime soon. (aprox value 2.5K) What would you recommend if I added another 2.5K Dont know what to get but looking to spend 5K aprox. Really open to sugestion. Very open question I know but pretty new to bikes. Test passed only a year ago, still in my rookie season?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Simon - it's very important that you dont forget to tell them that you have been 'keeping your hand in' riding-wise and that you have ridden friends' bikes in the meantime... and the time you spent on those bike track days, or they will have you down as a born again biker

- Possibly worse than being a newb!

All the 30 somethings who suddenly have the money to get back the bike passion they had to drop in their 20's.. Now that they've got more disposable income and can run both a bike and a car, they rush out buy a duke 999 and kill themselves in 20 minutes!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/110839.stm

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

That was a reminder given to me by phone staff at a well known biker friendly insurance company back when I nearly re-bought a TDR :)

I added the track day bit myself! Think of any other times when you maintained your riding skills.

Receipts? My arse! :) who keeps those?

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Hi guys.

I can't really give advise on bike prices or insurance. :)

I run a Honda Dealership in Durban, South Africa so I really don't know the UK market or insurance details.

As far as a upgrade goes on the ZX6. I would have to say the new Yamaha R6 looks like a awesome machine. In the used market a Honda CBR 600 RR (the later model with the upside down forks) is good value for money and a bulletproof bike.

Interesting to see how many bike riders we have in the Esprit community.

It must run in the blood.

Duncan

Two wheels or Four wheels... it's all hooning! :)

(Unless you're Karl, who just plain has a problem with bikes being faster than him! :) )