free hit
counters
lotus not british..... :( - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

lotus not british..... :(

theelanman

lotus f1 isnt going to be british....:)

if the T127 wins a race in 2010, it will not be God Save The Queen that is played on the podium, but instead 'Negaraku', the Malaysian national anthem

:stuart:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep,

Bit of a bummer but personally could not care if it was run by species from another planet, the malaysians seem to have good intensions and better to see a lotus badge on track than not at all, Really looking forward to this season.

Regards danny

A

Well, that was to be expected! But I'm not even hoping to listen to that anthem. It's still a Norfolk based team with a car that's BRG and yellow.

It's the same at RedBull Racing and I hear nobody complain about that. Of course Redbull is no Lotus!

I'm not fussed either way, but it does seem weird to me that they can claim prizes and funds based on the previous Lotus heritage/successes, i.e. as if there is an unbroken link to the previous team, but then not reflect that in this decision.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

it should be called force malayasia team or proton f1 , the whole thing is a confusing mess and stands the chance of messing up the reputation of lotus cars and the historic team...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

as they say 'money talks' or in this case 'money pays to play the tune'...

now I'm kind of glad the car doesn't wear the ACBC Lotus badge.

it should be called force malayasia team or proton f1 , the whole thing is a confusing mess and stands the chance of messing up the reputation of lotus cars and the historic team...

couldn't agree more.

Edited by GavinT

I dont understand how if this is a 'type' (Type 127) car how they can't call it british ?

I mean would you say the Esprit was american (owned by GM) - Elise was italian (bugatti) and the 2-11 is actually a Malaysian car ?

All seems odd - It'll be nice to see the car on the track and doing well, good for Malaysia = good for Proton = Good for Lotus but I do agree with Howard, and I do think it is a wibble bit of a pish take taking only certain, relavant bits from the heritage and conveniantly substituting in your own. In reality all they wanted was the name for the sponsorship deals eh ?

Regardless - it's good publicity for Lotus.

Heres a Question

If they did win the championship - would Lotus Cars do a special edition ?

facebook = [email protected]

<<<<If they did win the championship - would Lotus Cars do a special edition ? >>>>

not sure about lotus....but you could guarantee that there would be.....(hang on a minute while I check out the current range on their web site...lol)......a 'sporty' gen2 or savvy in lotus colours with alloys :wacko:

Guys, the current owners are Malaysian so they may prefer it that way! But the ownership may very well evolve before long. Group Lotus has been more than active at using Lotus Racing! Lotus Racing opted to use AP Racing and not Brembo...yes I know it doesn't mean much these days! The logo has evolved into something more Lotus and somebody way high up at Lotus/Proton gave the right to use the denomination T127 all of that would not be possible without Group Lotus agreement.

Tony Fernandes himself said it at the beginning, Lotus Cars may invest in Lotus Racing. Well I don't think we'll have to hold our breath very long. Most companies willing to associate with Lotus will do it because of the link to Group Lotus. The fact that the company will stay in Norfolk in a foreseeable future is a clear sign too!!! Proton signed Dany Bahar to run Lotus, well the guy is no fool he wants in! Give Tony Fernandes time to develop this company and make the best out of it from is point of view and little by little Bahar will up his involvement.

Lotus may run under a British License again in the future I'm going to give it 3 years!

not so much about the name or the politics......

it simple really....its made in britain......

although I suppose that may not matter either any more...

most of the country seems to have been sold out or run down or given away at the moment.....

just look yer good old choclit bar.....:wacko:

Exactly. The Queen has just been sold to France.

There's a green and yellow car on the grid of an F1 race, awesome :wacko:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

British people on average (look at your neighbours driveways) only crave and see greatness in german and japanese made things nowadays.

If it had been an all british thing, joe public (ie not us) would have made some joke about it's first on track failure and cheered something else.

It's probably for the best. Plus, when it bombs we have plausible deniability!

:wacko:

Let us not forget that in effect, Group Lotus is Malasian owned as well.......

I don't give a fig..... the link between the "new" F1 team and GL has strengthened considereably. Initially the car group stated that they would "resist the use" of the Lotus name. Now take a look at the Lotus f1 website.... under the "family" tab you will find links to Lotus Cars an Classic Team Lotus.... says it all for me.....

Oh, and I LOVE shouting for the underdog......